1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is the main development of the Enhanced Client beta going on?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lucitus, Dec 3, 2009.

1. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I dindt see much since the SA release, a stability fix and a resizeable atlas.

But artfixes or bugfixes like the buggy chainmaileggings or leather gloves, or maybe fixing the mirrors on screen, nothing.

Not much i must say, for a brand new beta client. Comon devs make it ready and stop the scripting on an old game ****, you have enough time after both clients are ready.

2. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I hope they are. The EC is a great foundation... I'm enjoying it despite the bugs I've run into. So far nothing has been game-stopping for me...

3. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

I haven't messed around with it much yet, are most of the bugs just graphic glitches etc?
    or are you seeing any stability problems?

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

There are hundreds of things that need fixed in the EC...

However you must remember it's still in Beta.... while the SA was released and is still not "finished" .... many area's are still inaccessible, it's been released... the EC however has not officially been finished... and it's still technically in Beta...

If you have problems or comments with the EC I would suggest sending in bug reports to EA... As many as you can find and as often as you find them.

I would guess that's the #1 best way to get it to their attention and to let them know that this is a priority for us.

I personally keep nudging them about giving us the KR housing menu... *nudges*.... since it was FAR superior to the EC version... or the 2d version...

But yes my suggestion.... get busy making bug reports.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

The only game-stopping bug I have with the EC is that when a house collapses the building won't disappear, even after refreshing the screen.

I have to relog to see the goodies.

6. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I have done about 3 IDOCs since switchg over to the EC and I have never had this problem. I don't think it's a bug, must be a settings confliction or your hardware isn't up to snuff.

7. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I wouldn't say hundreds, a handful maybe. If you can name hundreds I will give you 50mil gold lol.

8. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I only use the EC client and I try to do at least a couple of IDOCs each week... I have experienced that problem you mention once.. but that was straight after release.. I have been to many idocs since and didnt have any issues... so maybe they fixed that bug?

For placing a new house.. escpecially larger buildings like keeps and castles the new client is super.. you can zoom out so you can see the entire castle footprint, so you easily can avoid bloacking objects.

9. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

To me it looks like they have fixed alot of stability issues since the launch.
    I have been using it from day 1.. never even bothered to load the old client once. And I must say that things have improved... so in my oppinion the client is going in the right direction... but of course still need some fixes and updates to be "done" :)

10. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

The only thing I have used the classic client for is naming pets. Is it just me or can nobody name a pet without deleteing the whole name and using only one word? I like to keep the spaces in "A Greater Dragon" to name my GD. His name is CALLME HELLRAISER II (#1 isn't as good as he is :mf_prop:).

But from what I hear there are some mods that allow you to name your pets just fine, I dont use any mods btw...

11. I would dearly love to use the EC all the time. I LOVE the look of it, LOVE the containers, really LIKE the ingame chat, LOVE the macro system, and, just in general, I have a very positive view of it - problem is I keep crashing when I do use it. My comp can handle nearly everything out right now. I have a fast connection. I've sent info about my comp and connection and info about the crashing in a bug report. Each time I try the EC it seems I can play a little longer each time. Each time though, I invariably crash. :(

12. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

List of current EC bugs.
    Known since April 2009. Never fixed, never commented or acknowledged by the devs. Sending in bug reports -> Done a hundred times, waste of time.

Will the client ever be fixed? Or will history repeat itself? Those who could answer this question remain silent.

There are a hundred on above list, and the list is far from complete. Please transfer the gold to Catskills, PM me for setting up a meeting.

13. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

What iam looking for, is the art fix, the cropser for example is too big, the drakes are too small, the dark knights are too small.

I dont see a problem, to fix this, a wrong size, not a wrong model or animation no only a wrong scale. Or the double animated fields and gates, old or new not both, and that is really no problem to delete an animation or to delete a 2d title.

Then the stability has been fixed, but with that other problems brought in, pixelation, mirroring of mobiles, lag over a black screen area in felucca, massive lag when you open your bag, when the memory is full.

I want that they first finish the clients, before releasing content, what is the best content, if you dont have a client to play it.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Another major problem I have is that when there's a couple GD's flapping on the screen (when they attack) like during an event, half of the screen is filled.

15. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

When was the last time you tried it? I haven't crashed in like a month. Since the patch that fixed a lot of things (black spots on screen, crashing, etc.) I would give it a try again if you haven't recently.

16. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Since the last publish it's helped slightly in my problem.... but typically the EC causes my computer to overheat and crash..... NOT cool...

It's a bit better but I can tell my pc is still getting way hot.

17. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Since I haven't received any message, Yen Sid is probably a hot air merchant who doesn't know what he's talking about.

18. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The EC is great.
    I wouldn't be subscribing without it, quite honestly.

But the bugs need ironed out, and the devs have been way too silent on the topic, we don't know if the project is abandonned or not.

19. Yen Sid Seasoned Veteran Join Date: Aug 2009 Posts: 357 My Mood: Default Re: Is the main development of the Enhanced Client beta going on? Quote: When was the last time you tried it? I haven't crashed in like a month. Since the patch that fixed a lot of things (black spots on screen, crashing, etc.) I would give it a try again if you haven't recently. Fair enough! I really haven't tried it for any length of time since probobly before the most recent patch. I'll give it a go once again! Thanks

20. canary

canary Guest

Sometimes silence speaks VOLUMES.

I'm sure the EC client will be just as well taken care of as the KR client, lol.