1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is the rares event really corrupt?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WayneFromMC, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WayneFromMC

WayneFromMC Visitor

With all the protesting going on, it got me thinking, the guys got a point like who choses where its hosted who makes the rules, who decides who gets a vendor, who gets to run the auction, who is deciding everything and based on what?

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The people that bother to put it in place... To make contacts with officials and bother to plan the event. Anyone has a problem needs to either assist or make there own event and dedicate there time to making one.

3. WayneFromMC

WayneFromMC Visitor

what effort is being put into this event? giving out vendors so people can sell their rares? you serious bro?

4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

The point being made is if you don't like the rules others make for things they run, you are perfectly free to run your own.... and if it's as 'easy' as you seem to suggest, why not do just that?

5. WayneFromMC

WayneFromMC Visitor

i've tried, my idea was to have a gm build me a fort beside fel yew gate and my guild being the ones to run the fort. then let players attack my fort. my emails have been ignored but maybe mesanna responds to this thread.

azmodanb likes this.
  6. WayneFromMC

WayneFromMC Visitor

7. WayneFromMC

WayneFromMC Visitor

See like i want mesanna to build me a fort (house) right there (beside the gate) and make it public but i can make the doors access to my guildies , i want it to look really cool and evil looking because i kill anyone and like i want decorations all around to put the theme like its a real fort. i want guard zone taken out of yew for the event, and maybe she can put a box somewhere in the fort full of potions so we don't run out while fighting. if we successfully hold the fort i want some kind of reward probably something i can sell for billions of gold at the next rares fest

8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Your event sounds fun! Good Luck with it!

Larisa likes this.
  9. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

I like it... And would attended your event.. I will not be at rares fest.

I don't have use for rares.. I have some but don't need more.. Yours sounds fun. Kinda like old school factions. Lets siege your ass :)

10. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

in regards to vendors, everyone gets a vendor who wants one. if the vendor is abused by selling non-rares the vendor is simply blacked out by gozas. There are a few people i have personal disagreements with who i would never conduct regular business however these issues have been put aside for the time of the Jubilee. Its open to anyone, despite opinions about renters.

#10 Smoot, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Lord Nabin and Lord Frodo like this.
  11. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Mesanna or the PEC can not provide items for rewards. But you could provide something yourself to be a prize for the winners. If your serious about holding something i would advise you to contact one of those people. not sure the email for the PEC but its probably around these forums somewhere.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

13. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is kind of funny because I listened last night to one person whining because he/she could not get a vendor at the rares fest to sell his/her regular items, this is not what those vendors are for. He/she also whined about how someone owned those houses even thou he/she was told that they were temp houses only for the event, he she would not stop whining about how unfair it was that those houses were there. With the new vendor search having a vendor anywhere is great, no longer does Luna control the market and this person has nothing to ***** about. I understand about the rares fest and putting it in one location and if this person thinks it is easy to set this up and make sure a lot of rares traders show then they are welcome to set the next one up.

14. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

She.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  15. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Nuff said, probably why you're not getting much support. Now quit hassling people who are trying to do something ingame besides banksit

Flutter, Ludes, DJAd and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

This thread is all over the place. It began about rares fest. Then diverted to the building of a fort in fel yew. The title of this thread itself is detrimental to the community. I would advise anyone with questions concerning rares fest to contact the folks running it directly, not to post a public discussion dealing with whether or not it's "corrupt."

End discussion

Scott, Flutter, Lord Frodo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!