1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a corpse timer bug in the Maginica Quest?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sam the Scribe, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Hello,

I've run a few different chars thru Maginica... noticed something and wondering if others have shared the experience.

I die... if someone is close-by to resurrect me... I can get back to my body.

If I die and it takes a few (not a lot) of minutes, I can no longer find my body.

Now, I'm pretty good at finding my own corpse... and since there is no healer in Maginica there have been a couple times where I've had to run someone down or wait by the gate till someone shows up.

I have never seen a skeleton of my character in Maginica...

So, heres the question: Have any of you been able to find your body after the corpse timer turns it from a corpse into a skeleton? Or is this step in body decay missing in Maginica?

Honestly, if I'm not the only one... well... it's a temporary event... but there should have been a healer... or make Leif a healer.

[​IMG]

Safe Travels, Sam

2. Kimball

Kimball Guest

Sam,
    I had a similar thing happen to me in Magincia. I just thought I was crazy and I looked all over for my body to no avail. No idea why, but you are not alone.

3. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same happened to me. And I particularly noted where my corpse was.

4. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

*breathes a deep sigh of relief*

If at least one person agrees with me, that proves that I am not crazy...

Oh, Kimball who do you want to be today, Napoleon or Jesus... I already rented the white robe... so... :thumbup1:

5. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Excellent! Two people... I'm particularly not crazy now!

Well, Anne... Kimball and myself have already taken Napoleon and Jesus... but since you are female... perhaps... Joan of Arc?

THE CRAZIES RULE!

6. Adder_Atl

Adder_Atl Guest

Aye, same thing here as well.

The day after the event started on Atlantic, I was the unfortuante victim of a crash ( my end, hard drive crashed, replaced with 500 gig :) )

Anyway, I ran to another computer that has UO installed, and of course I logged back into find a grey screen. I first ran to the disfunctional moongate, then to Trinsic, having no idea where the healer was in town, by the time I got back Magincia. I could not find my corpse.

Control-Shift was useless, as all I saw was debris.

I was about to give up, when I finally saw a pile of bones in a place I could have swore I had looked, at it was me. :gee:

So yeah, I would say that there is possibly something goofy going on here.:grouphug:

7. Kimball

Kimball Guest

Actually I am far more at home in a Grey Robe OOooOoOO.

8. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Well something I thought was that since there are constantly bodies of the Maginica residents being piled everywhere by exorcisms, spirit speak and just killing the buggers... that maybe my corpse was under something.

So I ran around doing [SHIFT]-[CNTRL] and nothing. And I'm talkling about a very extensive search.

*tucks hand in vest*

Waterloo!!!

*places Abba cd in player and dances around*

Oh... lol... meant to say I did submit this to the bug email so I'm not just dancing around to Abba! Waterloo!!! Woot! Now someone bring me my tiny horse!

9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I have seen several people having this problem in 2D. However with KR, you get a nice glowing spot over your corpse, and a mark on the map so that it is never a problem. I know most hate KR, but if you have it installed, it may be a quick way to find your corpse!

Safe Journeys!

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Sam, I think there's a max number of items that will display when you use Control-Shift. In a lot of places in Magincia, there's just so much "stuff" to display, your corpse just doesn't show up when using Control-Shift. Maybe a solution if you plan to be there a lot and expect to die and are using the 2d client is to wear a brightly colored and uninsured robe or shoes or something so it clothes your corpse and makes it a bit easier to spot.

I think you are also correct that corpses seem to go to bones in Magincia a little quicker than elsewhere. May just be my imagination though and a result of having to run so far for a rez. :lol:

11. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

That is a good idea. One of my characters was an elf with dark skin and an uninsured leather Ninja belt... so I figured that even without the names display his corpse would be easy to spot.

I used the Control-shift function after I didn't see the body where I expected it to be. Thinking that maybe the skele had been buried under an exorcised/released/killed... undead dude.

True, I still coulda missed em. But... then I would be crazy.

*tucks hand in vest*

"Waterloo! Woot!"