1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a good way to target your, targets?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by romeo_longsword, Oct 1, 2008.

1. double clicking on a monster is fine to a point, but when you are fighting a bunch of fast moving, small target is just too damn difficult to 2x on it.

I also use the drag status bar out, then 2x click on the status bar to attack, but there are situation where you find that's not good enough.

For example, when you are using that momentum stirke from Bushido, your target sometimes automatically changed.

Is there a better way to target your targets?
  2. GFY

GFY Guest

I have a last target and a next target macro set up. Hit the last target macro if you get switched. Sometimes however I still have to drag and click, especially if I'm fighting Travesty. She makes me lose target too often I have to keep clicking her health bar.
  3. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 5, 2006
    Travesty doesn't make you lose target. When she changes forms and names its a new target and you need to double click the new target.
  4. Inspired by FYI's reply, I went and have a good look at the hotkey, and now I have Crt T for last target, C Y for next target, and Crt G for attack target.

Hope this will help for those who ask a similar question in the future.
  5. GFY

GFY Guest

I prefer the number keys and the F keys for my macros. It can be a life saver hitting the right key instead of fumbling over ctrl or alt whatever. :eek:

Oh BTW don't forget to make a target self macro if you cast healing or curring spells.
  6. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 6, 2008
    I use 2 macros 1 for select nearest hostile the other for attacklast.
  7. pavel.vesely

pavel.vesely Guest

Select nearest hostile does not works all the time, at last for me. Anyone else? And what to do with it?
  8. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Best way for sure. Well sometimes it won't work, then just drag and click.
  9. drawn

drawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 20, 2008
    select next mobile is best i think. allows you to cycle through all the people/mobs on your screen
  10. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Select nearest hostile only works on something already attacking you.

to OP. The best macro I have found is

Select Nearest Hostile>
    Attack selected target

Put those into one Macro using regular UO options. Best attack macro ever.

This will automatically select the nearest 'thing' attacking you, and then attack it. Cake. =)

Of course, this only works with the new targetting system.
  11. pavel.vesely

pavel.vesely Guest

I know how it should work, and it does not work all the time, when it should. I use same macro as you, at least on my figters.