1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a list of Luck vs. loot out there?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Albertus, May 1, 2009.

1. Albertus

Albertus Guest

Hey guys, is there a list of how good the loot is depending on how high your luck is?

For example: How much luck do I need to get good rings/braz from loots?

Thanx in advanced

2. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Luck sucks.

Devs explained it in one of those five for friday questions, but it generally works like this (from my understanding):

Monster X, say an Ogre lord has a random loot drop rate of:
    1-2 jewels, with 2-3 properties, maximum 70% intensity.
    1-2 weapons, with 2-4 properties, maximum 75% intensity.

Lets say I kill said monster, and based on it's loot drop rate, it actually spawns the following items:

1 jewel with 2 properties, say fc1, HCI 11.
    2 weapons, 3 properties each, say 35 HML, 15 Hit Lightening, and hit cold 30.

Now IF I had say, 2000 luck, which is I believe a 50% chance to 'bump' the monster loot both # of items and intensity.

Say I get the roll to bump the number of items, and that roll happens on the weapons. It will do nothing because I already received 2 weapons, the maximum cap of weapon loot I can receive. Luck will NOT allow you to get more items or properties or property intesities higher than what the monster will allow, it will at best just bring it up to that.

Say I get a roll to bump the number of items, and that happens on jewels. Then I will get an additional jewel that will spawn with 2-3 properties, 70% intesity max.

Say I get a roll to bump the item intesity, and it happens on the fc1, hci 11 jewel. It will do nothing because FC1 and HCI 11 is already at max, 70% intensity.

Say I get a roll bump to one of the weapons, it can bump the 15 hit lightening property or hit cold 30, but if it picks the HML 35, it won't do anything because HML 35 is max (for this weapon lets assume it is).

So basically, luck works to improve the items you get from the monster, but only up to the maximum loot the monster can give. It will not give you better items than the monster is capable of delivering, and a lot of the time even if the RNG works in your favor it will do nothing if you already have max loot.

3. Albertus

Albertus Guest

Wow! this was a great explanation. Thank you so much for this. Now I know why I am not getting anything better when using the luck suit. lol

I think you are right. Luck sucks. hahaha

4. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have seen luck help on some things and not other.
    the devs said awhile ago that there is another table for luck bumps that is only partially updated (maybe 5-10% updated) and the rest of it isnt.

examine the case of ancient wyrms. I killed these for a while with low luck and did perhaps 4 paragon ones. I dont think I saw anything to grab worth while and didnt get an artie. I did the same again with a high luck suit and luck statue so was around 1800 luck. everything that dropped seems the same as before and I never saw anything worth while.

The moral is I think certain monsters have not been updated and other have.

fan dancers = no
    ancient wryms = no
    crystal angels = yes
    greater hiryas = yes
    red wisps = yes

I also noticed in the invasion the normal slimes were way over loaded as they gave 1100 gold and some nice items. not sure why that happened.

Lorddog
    so until they redo the way luck is tie

5. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Where do you find these things? I looked them up on stratics and couldn't find any reference to them in the hunter's guide. (Do you mean regular hiryus as opposed to lesser or are there greater hiryus too?)

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ya I mean the normal hirya
    the red wisps are in the back of the titan fortress or if you go into the enterance by the moongate (wisps dungeon) then when you go down to level 2 or 3 it is right at the stairs there. the wisps spawn as normal and red ones. The red ones are 3x the normal ones and sometimes give a lvl 4 chest

the angels are in the bottom of the crystal dungeon. pretty easy for a tamer or bard but otherwise kinda tough.

Lorddog

I would also say demons and the greater demons all = yes