1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a market for Super Slayer Spellbooks? Have Repond/Demon/Undead

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Leather Lucy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi folks,

I've finally got settled in and have taken up one of my favourite drunken hobbies of making Spellbooks, I fairly regularly get a Superslayer amongst my haul and was wondering if there's any point in adding them to the vendor I rent?

Also, could do with a pricing guide if anyone's got a clue? My previous pricing knowledge is from Atlantic so it's completely the other end of the spectrum pricewise heh. See what you think of these and tell me if you would want 'em and would pay the price I'm thinking.

Demon - 350k (currently have one of these)
    Elemental - 350k
    Repond - 500k (currently have one of these)
    Reptile - 150k
    Undead - 150k (and one of these)

Now Repond books have always been hot property on Prodo shards and logically it should be even more so on here, is that the case?

I've gone for 'roughly' 1/3rd of the prices I charge on Atlantic, let me know what you think. I also sell full sets (18 books) of the single slayer spellbooks for 180k on Atlantic, was thinking maybe half-price (5k per book) here? You guys even want them?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mollie

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

i would take a full set of the super slayers

3. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

With the slayer books apparently not blessed here on Siege, running around with a superslayer book could be really expensive for a PvMer or Crafter to buy and lose to a mugging. A PvPer or PKer wouldn't have any use for any superslayer spellbooks. They hunt other players as a rule.

I have full sets of mage & mystic superslayers on Chesapeake. There they are blessed. Here on Siege, carrying the superslayers is just throwing away the gold to the next PKer that mugs you.

With the high hp kick the devs were on when they made monsters for the last few expansions you might find buyers for superslayers, but most would likely only throw away that much gold a few times, then say heck with it after losing the books to PKers.

A PvMer would have to consider the cost of the superslayer vs how much he can gain by having it before losing it to the next mugger.

I'd say the market for regular slayer spellbooks is likely to be good, for the superslayers, not so good. My 2 gold pieces on the topic.

As pointed out below, the slayer can be Siege blessed. I was full of puppychow here. :)

#3 Tanivar, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I usually bless my super slayer books when I use them.

5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've been pk'd once in the past year... Id take the chances on running with a super slayer

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

The Siege bless... It does work on a regular slayer book. I better spend more time here before tossing my 2 gold pieces about. <chuckle>:dunce:

7. Gunth

Gunth Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I would be interested in a Repond, Arachnid and Demon slayer book. Also would pay for regular slayer books with high SDI on them, say 50k each for +10 SDI on a regular slayer book.

8. Husky (SP)

Husky (SP) Visitor

Do you even play Siege? I've seen you on once.

9. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran

I have Repond, Demon and Undead SuperSlayers so far, I'm gonna aim for the set I think. I have plenty of regular slayers with SDI on, but sadly, player made books only go up to SDI9.

Cheers

10. Screws

Screws Adventurer

someone only gets on at odd hours or once a week ;P

11. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have several Siege characters

12. Husky (SP)

Husky (SP) Visitor

Ahh. This would make sense :)
    I roam around and sometimes attack others. Maybe I'll catch you some day. >:)

13. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

me too, i want a set

Leather Lucy likes this.
  14. stmac1988

stmac1988 Journeyman

who doesnt want a set? cause i know i do and atleast 1 other person if not 2 others that would probably like a set