1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a new quest?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by vexyvixen, Oct 1, 2011.

1. vexyvixen

vexyvixen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Will there be a new quest this Halloween or 0are killer pumpkins and trick or treat all there is?

2. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

how hard is it to read the friggin thread that has 70 posts regarding the halloween event.

3. vexyvixen

vexyvixen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The posts weren't there when I asked the friggin question! Get off me, moron.

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*passes out Valium to folks in thread*

Now, just breathe slowly and let the medication go to work .....

Relax.... :grouphug:

5. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Was a simple question... a simple answer would have been suffice..

I am a little disappointed that there is no new quest related to Halloween this year. I look forward to the Halloween events each year. The Trick or treating is exactly the same as last years. The new Pumpkin Spawns are fun for about a day, but with no real use for the masks with the esception of deco, its pretty boring. Only thing its going to do is put something new on next years "Spring/Summer cleaning list"

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have thus far seen no indication there's anything other than the pumpkins and related content.

-Galen's player

7. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

hard to say, but im guessing the pumpkin and trick or treating will run all month and perhaps the more in depth quests/events will start alil closer to halloween. Also depends if they are just going to do EM halloween stuff and not a general quest like years past.

8. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Compared to the last few years, this is a real let down.

I hope its because they've been busy with other stuff they didn't put a huge amount of effort into this.

9. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

How hard would it be to post the friggin link instead of being short........ That is the worst type of post. You took time to post and only offered negativity.
    Just what the world needs

*pops a valium*
    Thx

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Im willing to bet this is all we get. No other holloween event has been in stages, and theres no indication this one will be either.

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Don't think you really needed one but your welcome :)

They are fun to take even when not needed :lol:

If you check out this post http://vboards.stratics.com/2024723-post73.html I think it eludes to there being more that we just have not ran across yet. The year when The Grim Reaper hit everyone was talking about how lame the content was and we had found it all..... Then next thing you knew you were getting killed by The Grim Reaper you had fought the night before when you logged back in the next day :D

While Halloween Content has really never been added in waves, it does on occasion take a while for US all to figure out what all is there. Either way, I am fine with the content, some is better than none :D

12. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What you link to is, I have long suspected,
    the beginnings of a Dungeon of Sin/anti-Virtue Dungeon/"legacy" dungeon revamp.
    Multiple teams have raised such as a possibility and
    using old areas for new content was specifically raised, or at least implied, by the Producer in Twitter posts cited in this thread.

So my guess is: That stuff is for later.

-Galen's player

13. Kylie Kinslayer

Aye, very well could be. I will admit that. I am just hating the negativity and doubt so soon into the Halloween content.

But.....

when would be a good time to roll out something along the lines you are thinking of? Halloween would be in my mind. Unless of course they save it for a "booster pack". *sighs*

14. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I thought it was rather creative and new artwork is always a bonus! It wasn't just the same old thing we normally get however, I do wish there was a little more too it because ummm its 10:29pm on October 1st and I am already done and I have already obtained all the masks. *Light bulb*

Maybe I'll go and wreak hellish havoc upon the minds of Dudley and Drosselmeyer...In the spirit of Halloween of course *Evil Grin* :pie:

15. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ya i feel it was another lazy effort by the dev team, they create 1 new thing to fight and get special masks off of, as compared to the grim reapers a few years back, and the quest to get crystallized essences, those were both a lot of fun, this just seems very lazy to me, i wouldn't be surprised if they activate the same exact thanksgiving event that they did for the last 2 years when it gets closer to turkey day

16. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I do seem to remember that they said there would be a new "treat", maybe people just havent gotten it yet? Dunno.

I hope youre right anyway. I was really hoping for something more like a few years back with the black cat statues, and pumpkin scarecrows. I really enjoyed that year.

17. I had thought, myself, that the killer pumpkins and masks were the special treat for which we needed to keep our guard up (as the killer pumpkins would startle us the first time we thought we were about to pick up a shiny new jack-o'-lantern).
    Oh, and the new (to me) tricks you get while trick-or-treating.

18. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The new treat may be something we have yet to find. Don't be too quick to dismiss the possibility so soon.

19. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I dunno... its been a couple of days, I think it would have come up by now. I'm pretty sure it was the killer pumpkin that were talking about, and if it wasn't It would be great if they told us!

20. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Are we out of Valium?

:stretcher:

21. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dont be ungratefull... imagine the amount of work for not just Holloween.

Lets see:
    Clean up Brit.
    14th ann.
    14th Vet rewards
    Holloween
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas
    oh and the compensation gift for the billing fiasco they were not responcable for.

Not to mention the bugs, gliches, and fixes for the next publish that has to come out on time...

I for one am just fine with what we got, but if they want to make a dungeon or 2 into a holloween playground its fine by me.