1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a room score bug?

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by TKSpeedy1, Apr 10, 2008.

1. TKSpeedy1

TKSpeedy1 Guest

It used to be that when something broke, room score would go down. But lately I've noticed that when something breaks inside (especially noticed it with the big expensive items), the room score stays just fine. No red at all. Outside is a different story...Room score goes down like it always did with something broken or when the paper is delivered. I was just wondering if this was a bug. I usually count on the room score going down to let me know something is broke. When it doesn't go down, I never know something is broke until I go to use the item. Very inconvenient when it's something like a stove or fridge.

2. I'm not sure, but I believe it is the value of the broken object that determines how much it kills your room score. A dead piano or plasma tv will kill any room score inside or out. You might pay attention to the current value of your broken objects and see if they add up to a money value that might be triggering whether room score drops or not.

3. TKSpeedy1

TKSpeedy1 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure, but I believe it is the value of the broken object that determines how much it kills your room score. A dead piano or plasma tv will kill any room score inside or out. You might pay attention to the current value of your broken objects and see if they add up to a money value that might be triggering whether room score drops or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already had a dead piano and a dead pool table...both usually kill room score, but nope....K, I'll look at the current value.

4. The devs seem to have been experimenting alot with what types of data gets updated and how often in order to reduce lag in the city. I wonder if there is a lag between the time item breaks and when it begins to affect room score now.