1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is there a table for skill level needed to show skill vs weight for no fail?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Nails, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anyone know what skill level is no fail for what weights.

ex)
    1 stone = no fail skill XXX
    10 stone no fail = 120 skill

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I could be wrong, but thought that though rare at legendary levels, fails were ALWAYS possible.

3. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

Yup... I was pretty irritated and confused when I missed a scroll with 120 skill.

4. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ouch, so u failed stealing a powerscroll with 120 stealing. dang. 120 skill it is for me

5. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

what is the most weight you can steal from someone? is there a limit to what you can and cannot steal? minus not being able to steal insured or blessed items

6. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

the most you can steal is 12 stones, although, i have heard you can 'random steal' items heavier than that, but i have not tried it and the info might be old, so take it as that.

items you cannot steal, hmm
    newbified items,
    some special jewlery (ie wedding rings, 1000 diamonds wedding band, etc.)
    items that havent recently been traded (i think there is like a 30 second timer or something)
    containers (bags, backpacks, quivers).

Ill post more if i think of em, im sure there are plenty of others that im forgetting.

7. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

You can random steal more than the twelve stone limit. But generally when I do this what end up taking are partial stacks. Its still useful when you're trying to really **** people off.

8. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I wasn't aware of the "can't steal special jewlery" deal until yesterday. Tried to steal a ring from a HOT (I can't remember how to spell his name, so I won't attempt to) and got the "that item has no value to you"... WTH??? No value to me!? (Wth...EVERYTHING I can get my hands has value...)

He lol'd at me..."Yep. Can't steal that. I have lots and lots of those...under my red box, under some spellbooks..."

Luckily enough he decided he preferred a nice chat to just killing me outright.
    You learn something new everyday, right? :p

9. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

Hu Gadarn? I dont even snoop that dude anymore.

10. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

11. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Wow... how'd you know? :eyes: