1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a timer between releasing and attacking?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by IgorBR, Dec 1, 2009.

1. IgorBR

IgorBR Guest

I am trying to raise my Taming and at my current level, my pets dont do what I say, so, Instead of using npcs to kill them all, I release and hit them. Sad thing is they don't take any damage from me, even from flamestrikes.

Whats the timer?

Or is it because I am a young-player?

2. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I'm not too familiar with the Trammel ruleset, but I don't think you can hurt them while they're blue. You can either be guilded, or do it in Fel.

Or come to Siege, where it's all Fel, all the time.

3. carma234

carma234 Guest

You could try luring a single monster into the area so that when they are released they will attack it, or you could bring along a pet that you can control and have it kill it when your done.
    The last option will allow you to both train a pet and your veterinary skill as well as dull down the boredom involved in power taming.

4. IgorBR

IgorBR Guest

That's the strange thing: I release them before hurting (or trying to). So, they're gray!

Bringing a pet happens the same as trying to cast a flame strike: they just don't take/do damage. I'll renounce my young power status to see if something changes. And, the monster idea is great: i used at ice isle (lots of Trolls). Sadly, there's no monster where I'm training

Thank you all!!!

5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Try saying all guard me and see if that enables you to do damage to the critter.

I used to just tell fresh tamed beasts to attack my frenzied ostard and that worked, but I'm not sure if the young player status is causing a problem.

Wenchy