1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is there a top secret cheat in KR where

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Der Rock, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

i dont loos my hotbars?
    today i logged in and half of my hotbars are gone (empty)again.
    i saved the hotbars every 3-4 min with the user settings APPLY button, so i thought i was on the secure side.
    but NO, all work is lost again

have anyone a idia what todo
    (biside of the APPLY button saving)

oh men, i hate it so to set hotbars with spells and macros and icons, and a day later all the work is gone [​IMG]

2. this is almost like shooting fish in a barrel ...

use the 2D client - it works - hehe

3. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

let ma say, i hate 2d, i was a 3d client fan,i realy hate the cheater-client
    i wonder WHY the DEV´s input so much work in this Inu-Event , when this BRAND NEW KR client is still Impossible to play till today,after what, almost
    1 year now?

4. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

hmm that has not happend to me in ages , but just back-up the char info files , so if it happens its just a matter of copy and paste

5. <blockquote><hr>

i dont loos my hotbars?
    today i logged in and half of my hotbars are gone (empty)again.
    i saved the hotbars every 3-4 min with the user settings APPLY button, so i thought i was on the secure side.
    but NO, all work is lost again

have anyone a idia what todo
    (biside of the APPLY button saving)

oh men, i hate it so to set hotbars with spells and macros and icons, and a day later all the work is gone [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apply settings doesn't save them permanently.

Fix you hotbars an d when you are done, EXIT GAME, and log back in. They should be saved then.

If you change them or edit macros and KR crashes, it won't remember anything. If you change hotbars, then just log out and go on another char and crash, it won't remember either-- so if you want to make sure you don't lose them exit game and restart after making/changing them.

6. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

did that, nothing happen, some hotbars are empty, some are gone complete

(my hotbar with my 5 bow/quiver macros are gone) i am sooo upset now
    [​IMG]
    must be a bug in the client itself,

7. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

----
    Fix you hotbars an d when you are done, EXIT GAME,
    -----

forgot to say this, i exit the game also several times during the hotbar session

also
    see my post above, a backup from my ea folder dont work [​IMG]

8. sounds silly but make sure the interface folders aren't write protected for some oddball reason, because it sounds like it isn't able to write to your settings files.

9. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

do u mean the folder in
    own data/EA/Ultima online/userdata
    or the folder c/programs/eagames/ultima online kingdom reborn/user interface

10. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

I had this happen yesterday too, just to one of my hotbars...hasnt happened in a long time. but if you go into macros in the menu the macros are still saved so you can make a new hotbar and drag em in again. I also can't play 2d after being a 3D player, i hope they get fixing these little problems or at least let us know they havent givin up ,when they optimized the moonglow event for 2d it doesnt look good....

11. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

--------------------------------------------------
    I had this happen yesterday too, just to one of my hotbars...hasnt happened in a long time. but if you go into macros in the menu the macros are still saved so you can make a new hotbar and drag em in again. I also can't play 2d after being a 3D player, i hope they get fixing these little problems or at least let us know they havent givin up ,when they optimized the moonglow event for 2d it doesnt look good...
    ----------------------------------------------

yes, it is soooo SAD, they stole us the 3d client, we must play this
    "cheater-forever"client, and we CANT play KR [​IMG]

12. Rykus

Rykus Guest

So all who use 2D are cheaters forever?

Why are you even posting this here? There's a forum for the KR client, and if this is a bug, you really should be submitting it.

13. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

this is almost like shooting fish in a barrel ...

use the 2D client - it works - hehe

[/ QUOTE ]2D works... most of the time... but compared to how well KR works when KR works (which for many of us is every situation we get into except teleporting into a highly congested area and looting our own corpses before using a dress macro) it doesn't perform as well.

14. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're very lacking on the details of exactly how you get into the situation of missing hotbars.

If you do the following...
    1. Create a new hotbar.
    2. Add stuff to that hotbar.
    3. Exit the game.
    4. Re-open the game.
    5. Log back into the same character.
    Is the hotbar still there?

15. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

---------------------
    So all who use 2D are cheaters forever?

Why are you even posting this here? There's a forum for the KR client, and if this is a bug, you really should be submitting it.
    ---------------------------------------

1. bevore they closed 3d i would say, 90% of 2d user was chaeter,
    today i would say 70-80% are cheater

2.look at KR forum, if u see posts once in a day u can be lucky

3.i submitted this since day 1 of KR release

16. once you get your hotbars set up, you can save off a backup of your hotbar xml files (in my documents somewhere) so you can restore your settings in case this happens again.

17. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

-------------------------
    1. Create a new hotbar.
    3. Exit the game.
    4. Re-open the game.
    ------------------------------------------

not directly in this order, most times, (because of the experience from the last 5-7 try´s over time) i do a hotbar filling with macros and icons, then APPLY, and maybe 1 or 2 restarts inbetween.

and sometimes, hotbars jumping,sometimes hotbars overley exactly top of the maine hotbar on the bottom,sometimes hotbars are completly gone or almost empty
    very strange.
    [​IMG]

18. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

if u mean documents, that mean on my pc "eigene dateien" say "own-data"

i copy the whole ea folder from documents ,

19. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

i wonder WHY the DEV´s input so much work in this Inu-Event , when this BRAND NEW KR client is still Impossible to play till today,after what, almost
    1 year now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect the reason they did not use the time on the KR client is that players are not using the client and have rejected it over whelmingly.

20. Gruster

Gruster Guest

yes, under user data&gt;your account name&gt;shard name&gt;your character names.xml

Once I have configs I like, I backup the whole user data folder so I can always replace if something majorly bad happens.

If you can, try having the explorer folder open at the same time as kr. Every time you log off/exit/hit apply on options, that char names.xml should update. Just confirmed this works for me on TC1.

The only times I now have had problems with hotbars not saving are:

1. crashes
    2. there is a bug sometimes where I create a new hotbar, it overwrites/clears an existing hotbar. That is why I've learned to backup the user data folder.

21. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

----------------------------------------------
    I suspect the reason they did not use the time on the KR client is that players are not using the client and have rejected it over whelmingly.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

no wonder why!

from the beginning of KR till today it is NOT realy playable.
    and if player self have to change ui, like the new paperdoll in the bitter black2
    (this paperdoll is fantastic(thx to the player who did this))

i want to play KR and not change every day something bevore i CAN play this client.
    and many things we should can do, we still cant do in KR
    example is : a good teleport macro, or a attak LAST icon ,or if i bandage a friend, i get system message this would make me criminell because i try to bandage the monster i attak. [​IMG]

22. <blockquote><hr>

1 year now?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...one might wonder why they released the new client when many of the same bugs that existed years and years ago still exist today.

EA needs to take some online game management courses. I'm sure they could try and reserve a Turbine or Blizzard teacher for the class...

23. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

<blockquote><hr>

1. bevore they closed 3d i would say, 90% of 2d user was chaeter,

[/ QUOTE ]

Source? Thought not...

24. legs

legs Guest

<blockquote><hr>

1 year now?

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, sorry you are having a problem. even with all the "goodies" they put in KR I still find that user interface to be unacceptable. AND.... I am not a cheater and I resent the implication.

you resent that the Dev's put so much effort into the Inu event? I will tell you why. Because this event has been ongoing for about a year, maybe more. It predates KR.. and it was darned well time that they got back to doing what the majority of the paying customers wanted -- giving the game content.

and I truly hope your hotbar problems are solved by now.

Have a good day......

25. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

i realy hate the cheater-client

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sigh*

THEY CAN DO THE SAME THINGS IN KR AS 2D!!!

What part of this do you people NOT understand. Ugh. 3D client did NOT have this issue. KR does.

26. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

-------------------------------------
    Source? Thought not...
    -----------------------------------

sure, a lot.

talking with other player over the last couple of years,
    talking with so called online friends,(like: try this xxx xx and u will be happy..)
    see the member list on this xxx xx side
    see how player act in game(many examples )
    see the NOT existent posts on stratics about UOAssist macros or in game macros in the past years
    lots more i could tell....

27. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

-------------------------
    1. Create a new hotbar.
    3. Exit the game.
    4. Re-open the game.
    ------------------------------------------

not directly in this order, most times, (because of the experience from the last 5-7 try´s over time) i do a hotbar filling with macros and icons, then APPLY, and maybe 1 or 2 restarts inbetween.

[/ QUOTE ]Is that a "The hotbar is there most of the time"?
    Or a "that is kinda what I do most of the time, and the hotbar is never still there"?

28. Are you using Windows Vista?

29. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

------------------------
    Is that a "The hotbar is there most of the time"?
    Or a "that is kinda what I do most of the time, and the hotbar is never still there"?
    -----------------------------------------------

most of the time i have problems with hotbars, the one or the otherside,
    sometimes they are only misplaced or jump, and sometimes the are gone or empty

30. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

31. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

------------------------
    Is that a "The hotbar is there most of the time"?
    -----------------------------------------------

most of the time i have problems with hotbars, the one or the otherside,
    sometimes they are only misplaced or jump, and sometimes the are gone or empty

[/ QUOTE ]Do you get any crash or error messages when you exit the game?

32. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

not anymore, at the beginning of KR yes, but in the past month maybe 1 or 2 crashes(but NOT if i play with macros and hotbars, if i crash, then if i teleport)

33. He was using a generalization.

Most people do; get it?

Just like most people that use the 2D client have older comps; not all but most.

Just like most that use 2D are stuck in the dark ages; most, not all.

Just like most that use 2D have pack mentality; not all but most.

Just like most that use 2D would still use it even if KR is superior; not all but most.

Just like most 2D users want prove for everything; most, not all.

Just like most 2D users would rather see UO die than to change; most, not all.

I think you get where I am going with this.

2D players are generally Neanderthals who who would rather rub two sticks together than play a real video game.

34. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

<blockquote><hr>

He was using a generalization.

Most people do; get it?

Just like most people that use the 2D client have older comps; not all but most.

Just like most that use 2D are stuck in the dark ages; most, not all.

Just like most that use 2D have pack mentality; not all but most.

Just like most that use 2D would still use it even if KR is superior; not all but most.

Just like most 2D users want prove for everything; most, not all.

Just like most 2D users would rather see UO die than to change; most, not all.

I think you get where I am going with this.

2D players are generally Neanderthals who who would rather rub two sticks together than play a real video game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Riiiiiiight... generalizations are used by people who refuse to use logic in arguments.

You two can make 90% of the stats say what you want 50% of the time when using 15% of your brains to listen 2.7 % of the time.

*rolls eyes back and forth*

I am Neanderthal because I refuse to customize my computer to play ONE style of a game I can already play. I have no problems playing my other games on this same computer. In fact, I even updated my other computer using specs offered by KR cheerleaders here...to no avail.

*goes back to playing TRS-80 by candle light*

35. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

not anymore, at the beginning of KR yes, but in the past month maybe 1 or 2 crashes(but NOT if i play with macros and hotbars, if i crash, then if i teleport)

[/ QUOTE ]
    1. Make a backup copy of everything in the EA settings folder in My Documents.
    2. Delete the EA settings folder.
    3. Open up UO:KR.
    4. Setup a single hotbar for a single character.
    5. Exit UO:KR
    6. Open up the EA settings folder, navigate into the directory that named the same as your account.
    7. Make a zip file of everything in that directory.
    8. Open UO:KR back up.
    9. Do you see the hotbar? Is it in the same location and does it have the same items on it? If no, go to 10. If yes, go back to step 4 and repeat (for the same character until that character is complete, then move on to another one).
    10. Post the contents of the file that has the name of your character that is within the zip made in step 7 (use the most recent one that worked, and the most recent one that did not work if you repeated 4-9).

p.s. Please stop calling 70-90% of the UO player base cheaters. It isn't nice, it's annoying, and you have absolutely no evidence to back it up.

36. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Make a backup copy of everything in the EA settings folder in My Documents.
    2. Delete the EA settings folder.
    3. Open up UO:KR.
    4. Setup a single hotbar for a single character.
    5. Exit UO:KR
    6. Open up the EA settings folder, navigate into the directory that named the same as your account.
    7. Make a zip file of everything in that directory.
    8. Open UO:KR back up.
    9. Do you see the hotbar? Is it in the same location and does it have the same items on it? If no, go to 10. If yes, go back to step 4 and repeat (for the same character until that character is complete, then move on to another one).
    10. Post the contents of the file that has the name of your character that is within the zip made in step 7 (use the most recent one that worked, and the most recent one that did not work if you repeated 4-9).

p.s. Please stop calling 70-90% of the UO player base cheaters. It isn't nice, it's annoying, and you have absolutely no evidence to back it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, ill try this steps
    first what i can say so far:
    backpack look like a real backpack(oldstyle and a 10th Anny Box has a
    white bachground, didnt have that bevore
    suspect suspect
    [​IMG]
    update: works all ok till now, exit the game 6 times or so till now and all is on the same place,let me see how it works if i loggin tomorrow [​IMG]

P.S.: by all respect, wich % number would u agree ?

37. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

update: works all ok till now, exit the game 6 times or so till now and all is on the same place,let me see how it works if i loggin tomorrow [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]Still ok?

<blockquote><hr>

P.S.: by all respect, wich % number would u agree ?

[/ QUOTE ]There was most definately at least one person who was cheating in UO near the release of UO:KR. 1/100k is 0.00001%. I'll agree that at least 0.00001% of the former 2D playerbase was cheating.
    The issue is not the percentage - it's the tone. You're being insulting towards a large number of people with no justification.

38. I'll play something besides 2D as soon as EA releases a new client that isn't a worthless pile of crap. That hasn't happened yet.

39. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Apply settings doesn't save them permanently.

Fix you hotbars an d when you are done, EXIT GAME, and log back in. They should be saved then.

If you change them or edit macros and KR crashes, it won't remember anything. If you change hotbars, then just log out and go on another char and crash, it won't remember either-- so if you want to make sure you don't lose them exit game and restart after making/changing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

After making a macro or hotbar deal... Exit and restart KR.

40. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

hi,
    no not ok,
    made 3 char. so far with hotbars , the first 2 might be work till now, but
    as i was on my tamer, it happen again.
    so, something i found out is:

if u use the option "newHotbar" on the main hotbar (bottomline) and there is a icon in there,then a other filled hotbar jumping on the screen AND, this hotbar u cant use anymore,the option "assign hotkey", "clear item" and "target" are gone in this jumped hotbar, so i have to destroy them and must do it new.

(f.e." in the main hotbar at the bottom line, i have the spell "light" on the first position, if i rightklick this icon to make a new hotbar, then a other filled hotbar jumps.)

question:
    1.if i use "legacy backpack" the background in giftboxes are white,
    is it possible to have this white background colour for gift boxes in bitter black2

2.everytime i login, the backpack and the paperdall are closed, and the map is open, is it possible to change this?

3.sometimes if i use the "equip icon " in a macro, there is no window in it to put the items in

4.how is it possible to play successfully a tamer in KR?
    f.e.: all kill last target macro,often the pet attak me LOL
    bandage the pet, often the macro try to heal the monster LOL

P.S. sorry, but the truth is still that the majority of players using scripts
    (or why do u think so many player are against KR from the beginning?
    because the 2d grafik is so superb?or the 2d macro system is so
    comftable?,thats only 2 examples from many possible more)

41. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

<blockquote><hr>

P.S. sorry, but the truth is still that the majority of players using scripts
    (or why do u think so many player are against KR from the beginning?
    because the 2d grafik is so superb?or the 2d macro system is so
    comftable?,thats only 2 examples from many possible more)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, we have found the truth! /sarcasm

Maybe so many are against KR because they can't get their hotbar macros to work. Or they can't move while in game. Or a number of many reasons other then "they want to cheat."

And in my personal opinion, I do prefer the 2d graphics over KR. That is a matter of taste, not cheating. Just like my preference in loud rock guitars over country twang and Britney Spears. Besides, why use legacy art if you are sold on the KR art?

But keep insulting people, it gives you character...

And the options explained here have worked for most people so I don't know what else to tell you about your problem. Clear out your folders again and try maybe.

42. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

----------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe so many are against KR because they can't get their hotbar macros to work. Or they can't move while in game. Or a number of many reasons other then "they want to cheat."

And in my personal opinion, I do prefer the 2d graphics over KR. That is a matter of taste, not cheating. Just like my preference in loud rock guitars over country twang and Britney Spears. Besides, why use legacy art if you are sold on the KR art?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.i dont say : the truth is confirmed, from this 2 examples
    this are only 2 examples out of may.
    and if u dont see that, go and read posts at the time, KR wasnt even in open beta, people posted against KR bevore they even could know how it will look or work.(again,its only 1 example)

2. if u dont script, then this is NOT aimt at u

but if u prefer the 2d grafics, then u have also to be aware of
    that in the long term, only KR(a new client) will pretend UO from dieing.
    (i preferred the 3d client,for me persoal it was not only the best client
    it was also the best choice for my worker-templates)

43. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

----------------------------------------
    But keep insulting people, it gives you character..

btw. why do u feel ureself insulted from my posts??

if it does not apply to u, then dont mind me.

and it was Wilki himself who named scripter here on stratics "scum"
    so ,i ONLY mean scripter, and NOT any other player that prefer this or a other client
    [​IMG]

44. midiguru

midiguru Guest

<blockquote><hr>

so ,i ONLY mean scripter, and NOT any other player that prefer this or a other client
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your quotes obviously don't apply to 99.9% of 2d players. But I can promise you 99.9% of 2d players will be offended by your ignorance. You should hop over to the SA forums. You and Timberwolf would make a lovely pair of ignorant crybabbies.

45. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel insulted, but your comments are insulting people. If you don't see that, read your post and put KR users in place of 2D.

"Scriptors are scum" is not the same thing as saying "90% of 2d users are scum" see the difference? And you clearly stated that 90% of 2D users are scriptors/cheaters/scum.

Now if you will forgive me, I am off to mourn te loss of Chuck Heston. RIP...

46. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.i dont say : the truth is confirmed, from this 2 examples
    this are only 2 examples out of may.
    and if u dont see that, go and read posts at the time, KR wasnt even in open beta, people posted against KR bevore they even could know how it will look or work.(again,its only 1 example)

2. if u dont script, then this is NOT aimt at u

but if u prefer the 2d grafics, then u have also to be aware of
    that in the long term, only KR(a new client) will pretend UO from dieing.
    (i preferred the 3d client,for me persoal it was not only the best client
    it was also the best choice for my worker-templates)

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest myth of the KR client is that it will prevent cheating; It will not prevent it one bit. There are easy to use tools that will allow you to script using the KR client. The problem is most people associate cheating with one cheat program, there is a world of easy to use tools that could be used rather then the one program.

47. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

I don't feel insulted, but your comments are insulting people. If you don't see that, read your post and put KR users in place of 2D.

"Scriptors are scum" is not the same thing as saying "90% of 2d users are scum" see the difference? And you clearly stated that 90% of 2D users are scriptors/cheaters/scum.

Now if you will forgive me, I am off to mourn te loss of Chuck Heston. RIP...

however how much % it is (60-70 or 90) anyway.
    but if u would post such posts about scripting in uo, i for myself would NEVER feel INSULTED because i dont script, so however can something insult someone if it doesn´mean him??????
    suspect

p.s. sorry to hear charlton heston died, RIP.
    i love his films
    but how he act as the leader of the NRA i never liked.

48. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

--------------------------
    The biggest myth of the KR client is that it will prevent cheating; It will not prevent it one bit. There are easy to use tools that will allow you to script using the KR client. The problem is most people associate cheating with one cheat program, there is a world of easy to use tools that could be used rather then the one program.
    i didn´t say KR is 100% free from cheating at all, but
    with KR,the dev´s have more room to act against that behavior.

49. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------
    i didn´t say KR is 100% free from cheating at all, but
    with KR,the dev´s have more room to act against that behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain how? The client itself actually makes many game activities more easy to script.

50. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

the Dev team has far far more free hand to do soemthing and do it fast in KR
    then
    in the stone age old 2d code,in this millions and millions of old code, it is barly possible to do something without the fear to burn the player houses down with one wrong hotfix