1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a UO Rudder equivalent?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Metalstorm, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi all, I was just wondering if there is any (legal) program out there for the EC that works like UO Rudder?

I love using the EC. Ok, maybe not 'love' but I really, realllly like it a lot :D.

Having all the keys work like Fkeys is outstanding, though I still forget sometimes to click enter BEFORE typing speech and I'll set off a hundred macros :D

What I don't like is all the screen space needed for all the hot bars needed for boating commands or the 24 separate macros for doing it all via keyboard. (three sets for normal speed, slow and move one space and that doesn't include stop, turnaround, etc...)

It seems the only times I use the classic client theses days is when I need to use my boats.

UO Rudder was a godsend. It took up very little space, did everything (in regards to boating) and the "rotate with ship) feature was outstanding.

So I'm just wondering if anyone's tackled this yet, as in a UO Rudder type program?

2. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That sounds fun to mod!
    *adds it to his list*

edit:: Of course, I completely skip over actually answering the question ;)
    There is not a UO Rudder type program, nor is it likely that one will be made.
    There is not a UO Rudder mod that I know of yet, but I will try to get time to make one (assuming nobody beats me to it).

3. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Cool beans, maybe sometime down the road we may see something of the sort.
    That will give me something to look forward to and hope for :)

I still use the default UI on my EC but if a UO Rudder type program ever becomes part of a mod I will run, not walk but RUN to the nearest mod site :D

4. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

I made a box with 3 or 4 hotbars, then locked them in the lower corner of my screen. All I put in them was the boat commands so it looks a bit like UORudder, but bigger and not as functional.