1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to colour ID in CC.... If not..make one asap

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THP, Dec 10, 2013.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok Big problem...in the classic client.......huge infact!!!!.... the last few lots of gifts have been silly shaded items that make your ''eyes bleed trying to tell the colour shades''...be it the easter gooses .. be it the posiatteas.. be it this years bloody silly candles and boxes....

I hate the EC... seems those using it can get a add on called pinco to paint check/ colour check???

WELL i use CC.. like 75% of the populous.... i want to colour check/paint check too

so make it bloody happen.............

Lorddog likes this.
  2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Most people just use paint or photoshop and ID colors that way. photoshop makes it super easy, but paint isn't too bad, either. I remember doing it with the tribal masks in paint way back when lol.

3. THP

THP Stratics Legend

can u explain...how they getting colour id numbers please

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah its a feature of Pinco UI mate. You can just click and item and it tells you the hue ID and if there is any name attached to it etc.

VERY handy for working out the colours of gifts etc. Venus fly trap deeds, anny muffins etc. etc.

[​IMG]

I have both clients installed as they both have pros and cons. This is NOT built into the standard EC though. Its just an addition Pinco has added.

5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I posted instructions on how to use Gimp to get colours from the CC here.

You basically just need something with an eyedropper tool to select the colour on your screen and one which has the relevant numbers so you can identify the different colours.

Wenchy

Lord Frodo and THP like this.
  6. THP

THP Stratics Legend

awesome ...doing it now....the classic client is best!!

#6 THP, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. THP

THP Stratics Legend

mmm not really the same the eyedropper pick every shade going..so if u look at a xmas box you are getting like 20 odd codes per box..not exactly what iam looking for.....i just want the pinco thing for classic clent were u get given a number single and a colour for it....darn.am i really going to have to swop to enhanced client just to colour code

#7 THP, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  8. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

The devs didn't implement it for the EC. Pinco did it. So why should they do it for the CC? Especially since it would be more complicated in the CC since you would have to do it natively (in the EC you have a nice API with LUA).
    So the quick answer is: yes, you'll have to swap clients. Either temporary or permanently. Up to you...

9. THP

THP Stratics Legend

will only be temp. i can assure u of that....

10. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Seems more like a request to ask for from Tugsoft for UOA.

11. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

He doesn't implement any new features for UOA..just makes sure it connects..I forget where but there is post of him saying why..he said that the original UOA was nothing like what you see now and had to rove a lot of features so it could be an approved third party feature, and there was way too many hoops to jump through so he won't be updating..at least to the best of my knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo likes this.
  12. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

hm well way back when you would focus on the same pixel location and grab that color information. I can't post a screenie right now you would compare that color to other gift boxes to discern them. GIMP is a good, free, program, though!