1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is there a way to revert to the old stat bar.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SlobberKnocker, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

i play on a laptop and this new stat bar is way to big.

2. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

just double click it and it goes to it's normal bar mode. health/mana/stam

3. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It would be nice if it was custom and you could just pick what you want.

4. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree that the new status bar is too big.

I like the added info, but -
    It seems like everything that was added could fit in the same size area as the "old" status bar, if all of the fields were tightened up a bit.

When you play on a 1024x768 screen, which is the selected maximum display settings for "Full Screen Resolution" in options, and have "Game Play Windows Size" also at it's max 800x600 - the new status bar overlaps the game play screen area.

It used to all fit nicely at max settings on screen (with regards to screen real estate) and not need to be overlapping the main game screen.

I would love to see it all fit in the old area, for it to be a selection for using the old status bar, or for it to be customizable for info.
    (I'm guessing tightening it all up to fit in the space it used to occupy might be easiest).

Devs - please consider reducing the footprint of the status bar menu.

5. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Can we have a new hidden status bar for the new hidden properties on armor?

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Whatever info people decide to make available through the status bar, can we at least have the option how it gets displayed on our screen? I can't see it would have been particularly hard to have the new stuff form a distinct and secondary 'status tab' so the choice is ours if we want it displaying or not.

Been asking for years for similar choices about equipment info, so you can choose if you want a basic description or the full mini-spreadsheet of data, but it seems futile..... giving us the choice of how things appear on our PCs seems hopelessly lost at the bottom of the list of 'cool stuff to do' :(

#6 Aurelius, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

so looks like the answer here as far as 2d is concerned is .....................NO.

8. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The new status bar could at least be less wide. Each column has several pixels of width that could be eliminated, while still keeping things readable.

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What might be even better would be to allow it to be rotated (a second status bar graphic) to be vertical, that could be clicked between like the display for the active buffs/debuffs.

10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure why it matter? Do you play with it open? Or just think it's bulky when open?

11. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Personally I never play with it open, just the basic bar. I only open it to double-check stats and resistances, etc. but that's always before I begin fighting... Not sure I understand why anyone would want to have it opened full during gameplay?

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

startle: I find the small one unusable.

With the detailed bar, you can tell when you have enough mana to recast a spell. And, I trust its numeric HP readout much more than going by a partially colored bar. It also makes it glaringly apparent when your dress macro fails to equip something properly.

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Mainly I found it useful for weight carried, since for some bizarre reason many of the stealable artifacts are ten stones and a trip round the abyss rapidly overloads a thief - but it's also useful to see if picking up that last piece of loot means you are about to lose stamina in huge chunks and be unable to recall away.

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

sounds like EC ;P

I for one love the new bar...when's the last time the CC got a UI upgrade?! ;P

15. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Wow. I haven't logged in lately, this thread made me do so.

Count me in on the dislike how wide the status bar is now list.