1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to test house placement...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by silent, Jan 11, 2013.

1. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

with an account that already owns a house? It's been a while since I placed a house so once I've tested a spot can fit a structure will i get an opportunity to not place so i don't lose my exisitng house?

2. LadyElizabeth

LadyElizabeth Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yes. With the house placement tool, when you place a valid house it sets down a ghost house and gives you a window with a warning that if you have a house already, it'll be condemned, blah blah blah... but while that window is up you'll be able to run around the house to, say, see if you have room to maybe place a bigger plot. If you don't select anything on that window, the "ghost" house will time out and no harm will be done to your house.

If you are resizing, BE CAREFUL. Especially if you are still in the week in between building/trading houses. While using the resize house command does circumvent this timer, I find that the house placement tool bugs out and skips that warning window. Imagine my anger when I was trying to place a keep and put down a small wood and plaster house just to test that this was, in fact, a place that allowed housing (I was having difficulty placing the keep and wanted to see if there had been changes to that particular area that made it no longer keep-friendly) and the wood and plaster house committed without me accepting any sort of warning window.

3. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info!

4. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Will that Warning gump always come up even if you don't own a house?

Thank you

5. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

It should, but there have been reports of people not getting a gump and placing a house then they were not meaning to.

6. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you

I don't understand it. I am helping out a friend with his account building a character and was going to place a house. The warning gump comes up but he says there is no house.
    I went through all his runes I can not find one. It is old enough for a grandfathered account so it bothers me if I deleted an old house.

I will check his runes one more time