1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there an active PvP scene on Drach?

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by Magdalene, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just asking, because on many other shard forums there are very active PvP threads... but none here.

2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The mods scared everyone away.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We are gentle people . We don't solve out problems with violance,weapons and spells. We live in a world in peace with lots of love and understanding. :)

And anyone who disagree with me will deal with Dark Angel who will rip your heart out and eat it raw ! :grrr:

;)

But we could use a thread devoted on PvP. Things like how a good pvp character looks like or what armor/weapons to have. Or what happening in action with pictures. But i'm no pvp'er so i can't realy help on this topic.

4. Magdalene

Hen?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. CatLord

CatLord Guest

We just fought for 3 hours 20 minutes...

Thank you to our foes for all the fun.

6. would be handy to have a pvp threat indeed.

I ran into some encounters so far and had some nice duels. Slowly figuring out which people to trust and which to better avoid.

Still in the progress of rebuilding Lola from 7 gm mage with swords/tactics to 6x120 (if I ever get all those scrolls that is, only got 110s/115s so far but at least I can raise them already a bit) with Inscription which I just gmed.

At the moment I run around in a full LRC suit as I loose most of the fights still. Still haven't memorized all my shortcuts again yet, so it might have made some people chuckle when I cast Para on myself , Poison myself etc :p

Was thinking what would be the best gear setup and I would think that maybe FC and FCR is the way to go for a mage as that seems pretty handy. But then there are so many different things now that I can't really tell.

And there is something I haven't found a way yet to counter. There is that spell called Strangle now which makes me constant fizzle. How do you counter that other than having high magic/poison (?) resist or getting a harm off when seeing it being cast ? Just run around waiting for it to pass just feels wrong :p

7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

FC2 FCR 6 Is a must for the serious pvper!

Apples or Chivalry remove curse, either that or get your timing down.

8. Thanks RichDC, great to know about Apples :)

9. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Just remember there is a 15sec timer once youve used them before you can eat again, so dont get too apple happy :)

10. Magdalene

By all means, let's have a PvP thread.
    :danceb: :danceb: :danceb:
    I'm encouraging them on other shard forums, even when local mods are reluctant, it feels weird not to have one on my home forum...

11. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Future News: The Jamie Invasion.