1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there an SA For Dummies Thread somewhere?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am intrigued by SA, but not fully into it. I logged into the open beta once and didn't make it out of Haven. I keep picking up on bits of information in various threads. I didn't know I would need gems for training! Seeds will stack now?
    Pet slots will be increased?

I want to know the basics of SA (except gargoyle stuff- no plans on being a gargoyle so no need to know!) but I am too lazy to go looking for it. Is there "cliff notes" version of all that is SA??

2. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

The SA cliff notes:

[​IMG]

3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Uhhh... new land and dungeon of course, with several new champ spawns, and two new "peerless", and the slasher of viels, I'm not sure what he's about.

New pets (nothing too powerful), new constructs, you can dig up regular gems now, mysticism, imbuing (which uses regular gems and rare gems heavily) gargoyle only skill throwing, a whole new set of garg only weps and armor, gargs can convert human/elf armor to garg armor, umm +2 stable slots, using colored plants to make new 5 shot dyes (of the plants color, and a bunch of new colors by mixing colored and black and white) that can dye pretty much anything equippable doesn't have to be an arti, new quests, cooks can make some sort of goblin stew if they finish a quest...new stealables, goblins, super earth and poison elementals, acid slimes all over, silver serpents all over (which can be charmed with snake charming whistle to get an ingredient for new dyes) ummm thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

4. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wow. That's some pretty cool stuff there! Thanks, Uvtha! So, I will need to train Imbuing in order to make these new super cool weapons, but will I need a different skill to unravel or is that part of imbuing (or some other skill)?

I don't know why I am asking. This release could not have come at a worse time for me. September 8th I go back to work and start my next grad school class. :cursing: I'm not going to have much time for UO.

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When is the release date?

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

September 8th. Personally I'd wait a couple days after that.. considering the UOgamecode site the last couple of times new items were added there were always problems.