1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there some kind of bug text wise with Stealth?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Marcus Blackwell, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Was working hiding along with stealth this evening when I noticed a strange text pop up with the usual text you get when failing stealth. It tells me that I cannot use this ability while mounted yet Im not on any kind of mount period. Has anyone else noticed this strange text bug it seems?
  2. Ziane

Ziane Guest

Yep, I get exactly the same message. Would be interested to hear if this is a known issue.

3. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I haven't noticed if it has but I will keep an eye on it.
  4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

It's when you fail stealth, normally...
  5. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

It's happening to me also. Exact same text!
  6. AyaraBlue

AyaraBlue Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 27, 2008
    Yes, I noticed this last night too. What was worse, I didn´t get any gains either. The char is at 20 in stealth skill, has decent hiding, skill meter pointing upward and is not near her overall cap. Haven´t played the char for 3 weeks, so she should be getting quite a few gains. But, nada. Will log in later to see if things have improved today, otherwise I´ll fill in a bug report.
  7. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

bug reports have been sent... it has happened only since they "fixxed" the shadow jump. Remember its all about balance... fix one thing while breaking another.
  8. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

What the character's wearing has some bearing on the gains.
    I'm not sure there's a concrete formula known, though. Most of the theories I've read have been observations, which are subject to interpretation.

At around that skill, though, you'll want to be wearing next-to-nothing.
    It's possible that even clothes can affect it.
    If you train it in a house, then you'll have guaranteed success on your hiding checks, which would at least minimize the time waiting for a successful hide.

If you're on a production shard, then take a wander to New Haven, and you can buy up your skill to 40, at which point I think you can get reasonable gains from a few pieces of leather armour.
    If you're on Siege, you might want to beg some +stealth jewellery, to raise your skill a little. sometimes gains are incredibly odd at low skill.
  9. Ziane

Ziane Guest

I am getting gains (nearly 80 skill, gained 0.7 in the last 30 minutes) so not too worried about that. More of a nuisance really.

10. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I receive that message on my lower skilled (32.1) character, but not the character with a higher skill (86). Lower one is still getting gains. Haven't tried with the higher one.
  11. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    This has been going on for a while now. There was another thread about it in uhall I think about a week or 2 ago. I haven't been on my stealther for training lately (just dungeon crawling), so I don't know if it's effected his gains at all, but I still get the message every now and then. And I get it when I am successful, and when I fail. So it's not limited to just one or the other.

About the only thing I can see it having any effect on is my annoyance level.