1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is there still an IRC server?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ATLPvPer, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ATLPvPer

ATLPvPer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I show that stratics no longer exists as a server. Is there an alternate UO server? Apologies if this is the wrong section, I couldn't find a OT forum.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Stratics actually has a publicly accessible Teamspeak. At the moment slots are limited, but will expand if the demand is shown. The address is ts.stratics.com. I also believe that the person that managed the Stratics IRC has continued to maintain it under a new name but I couldn't tell you what it is off hand.

3. ATLPvPer

ATLPvPer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ah, I know Mesanna used to be contactable via IRC. I guess there is no more server :(

4. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The former Stratics-branded IRC server exists at the location below, with its main site being located right here. It has an #Ultima-Online channel that a few of us hang out in, but it's pretty dead by and large as not many people who play on the official shards use IRC that often it seems. It was also largely staffed independent of the Stratics main site, so it never really had that much exposure here as the IRC staff's board presence is zero. Here is a link to the Java-based chat client, and here's the info anyway from the server's MOTD:

* - =============================================================
    * - Welcome to the Gamers-IRC.org IRC Network
    * - =============================================================
    * -
    * - All Servers - Ports 6667 6668
    * -
    * - Connect to a server below to get a stable, localized connection:
    * -
    * - irc.frws.com USA - Colorado 6667 6668 7000
    * - irc.glowfish.de EU - Germany 6667 6668
    * - irc.us.glowfish.de USA - Missouri 6667 6668
    * - irc.gamers-irc.org USA - Colorado 6667 6668 7000