1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a bug with the ROT system?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by majorjc, Sep 20, 2008.

1. majorjc

majorjc Guest

I have 4 skills that I am training that are above 70. As of tonight they are at 76.0, 76.0, 76.0, and 79.0.

Each night for the past 3 nights I have trained each skill every 5 min. to get the ROT gain for that skill. After 12 gain cycles, each skill has gone up 1.2 points, for a total ROT gain of 4.8 points.

I should be able to get .2 more, but no matter how much I perform these four skills, I don't get anymore gains until the next evening when the ROT timer restarts.

Has anybody else noticed this?

2. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

3. K'torr

K'torr Guest

Just went through the 70s with a skill myself. Only got 4.8 a day as well.
    But it's not a bug, it's a feature.

4. majorjc

majorjc Guest

Ok, thanks.

5. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Publish 55 Sep 3 2008 11:16AM CST

Rate Over Time System Changes - Siege Perilous Only

*NOTE* These changes only apply to Siege Perilous ruleset shards (Siege and Mugen)
    Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
    Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points will gain a maximum of 5 points per day with a minimum of 5 minutes between points gained. (250 minutes min to gain 5.0 skill)
    Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 will gain at a maximum of 4.0 points per day with a minimum of 8 minutes between points gained. (320 minutes min to gain 4.0 skill)
    Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 will gain at a maximum of 3.0 points per day with a minimum of 12 minutes between points gained. (360 minutes min to gain 3.0 skill points)
    Skill points for skills between 100 and 109.9 will gain at a maximum of 3.0 skill points per day with a minimum of 15 minutes between points gained. (450 minutes min to gain 3.0 skill points)
    Skill points for skills between 110 and 120 will gain at a maximum of 2.0 skill points per day with a minimum of 15 minutes between points gained. (300 minutes min to gain 2.0 skill points)
    Players will be allowed to gain 15 stat points a day.

Not sure how it's a "feature", when you're supposedly missing .2, *shrug*.

6. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm getting the same thing, 4.8 in the 70's. . . While not the promised 5, it's close enough that I don't want them to 'fix' it only to break it more. :)

7. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yep, I got 1.0 gain in a 100+ skill and then only 2.4 in a 70+ skill.

8. K'torr

K'torr Guest

Because UO has no bugs, only undocumented Features. As a UO veteran, you should know that.:D

ps. just FYI, the 80s seem to be working. 4.0 gains with 8 min intervals.