1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is this a cheat?

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by missfishy, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missfishy

missfishy Guest

i went to despise and found myself in the middle of a raid, as soon as i died, someone sent me to the chaos shrine with exorcism.my body was still there on the ground.Is this cheating???I thought you had to have your body decay.

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Nope. Totally legit.

Necromancers have a spell called exorcism which only works so far from the altar to excommunicate ghosts from the area. T he minute you die, they can do it and send you to the Chaos shrine.

Enjoy

3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Depends upon where your body was.

But there is a game mechanic to speed up Exorcism. Consider it a polite action to help you get rezzed and back into the fight quicker:next:

4. missfishy

missfishy Guest

i died and it was less than five seconds that i was transported to the chaos shrine.When i came back the reds that were there that sent me to the shrine siad "its our little trick" i was wondering if its an exploit, or cheat or legal, adn if so, how do i do it if it is legal?

5. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

Its a exploit. i would tell you how its done but then more people would be doing it so *zip*

just add it to the list of stuff uo needs to fix

6. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

To my knowledge, exorcism is a true and legal spell...

7. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

yes the spell is. but.....

it should not send you to chaos with your body still there. it was made to be able to kick out unwanted dead people that were watching spawns. if the persons body is within range you can not send them to chaos. there is a trick that i will not say that has made it so you can kill someone and send them right to chaos while they stand over there dead body. this in fact is not the way the spell was supposed to work.

"Exorcism does not affect players who have a corpse on the same area server"

that is what the thing you posted even says.

8. Ghost_Writer

Ghost_Writer Guest

I was going to dig this up myself. I think is where the problem lies:

Necromancer Exorcism spell
    Exorcism is a Necromancer spell that also requires GM Spirit Speak to cast
    Exorcism relocates any player ghosts around the caster to a shrine on that facet
    Exorcism only works in a champion spawn region
    Exorcism does not affect players who have a corpse on the same area server
    Exorcism does not affect fellow faction, guild, alliance, or party members
    Players with GM Spirit Speak can now see the ghosts of other players at all times
    Exorcism scrolls are craftable by scribes, drop off of some high ranking creatures, and can be sold to shopkeepers

missfishy claims she had just died and therefore I think would have had a corpse still in the vicinity. I would send the details to [email protected]. Please do not post any details here, if anyone knows how this is being accomplished please send a note to EA.

GW

9. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Good eyes! Thanks!

*Orvago cheers*

10. Multani

Multani Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So if this is indeed an exploit, then why isn't this thread locked? Seems to me only negative things can come of it remaining open??

11. Ghost_Writer

Ghost_Writer Guest

Good point. The question has been answered and there sould not be any more to add.

Thanks,
    Ghost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!