1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a hack?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

A player is training attacking a horse, doing no damage.
    The horse is blue. Is there some legitimate way to do this?

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sounds like guilded pet training.

edit:

meant to say un-guilded pet training.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Yeah you have it guard you...then you can attack it.

4. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

training parry, probably afk as u dont have ot be there and dont take damage

5. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

And do no damage at all?
    I just noticed the weapon is at 0 durability too. And the horse doesn't seem to be attacking him back at all.

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Many people train Ninjitsu and Bushido by doing death strike and lightning strikes on a horse or some other innocent furry woodland creature. As long as they do it in tram and are not guilded it won't do any damage to the critter. You have to own the pet, so you can't just go around punching other peoples pets and you would most likely kill an untamed horse on the first blow. You can probably read up on it in the melee char forum.

Most likely with the weapon at 0 durability, the person wasn't there, and to keep the pet from attacking you all you have to do is tell it all stay and all stop.

7. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

That's probably it. I see an electrical bolt shoot to the horse, and he's not showing any guild. So the weapon isn't actually being used, that accounts for the durability and it's not going poof.

Thanks.

8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

He's attacking with lightning strike for bushido gains.

I'm not sure how durability damage works.

9. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You don't need to do damage to gain bushido (lightning strike) or ninjitsu (death strike).

10. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I just noticed that the total durability is going down. It's a lousy weapon, not one anyone would worry about losing. Still 84 points on it.

11. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

so weapon was 0 now at 84 lol

did u talk to him??

12. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You gain in Bushido by doing the special over and over, so by training on a horse or something easy to hit, you can use junk armor that has lmc and mana regen. Back when I used this method, it was one of the first skills I started training, and I would let focus and med go to GM, buy and train necro to 50, and then use jewelry to get where I could go into lich form and most of the time I had spirit speak on a soul stone that I could use and cast a wisp. I could then use a fast weapon and just chain LS or death strikes and basically regen the mana back by the time I hit the horse again.

13. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

No, the weapon was at 0 of 85 durability, now at 0 of 84. I thought it was at 86 previously, so I was watching that just out of curiosity to see how durability works.

Nope, didn't talk to him. Unless someone is really obvious about running a script, I don't bother. Obvious meaning that they've been doing it for hours as I return somewhere, or repeated exact movements walking, etc.

Frankly, while I hate cheating, I've come to feel overwhelmed by it over the years.

14. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

when a weapon has 0 durability, whenever it does a durability check that would normally lower durability it loses 1 dura off the max instead, when it hits 0/0 it poofs.

The thing with the horse must be a tram thing though, lol, never heard of doing that...if i attempt it I'd just end up with a dead horse.

15. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is not cheating. This has actually been going on for a long long time. Now if he's away then it would be considered unattended macroing or whatever, maybe. But it really depends on how much you care about people training unattended.