1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this as intended for Salvage Bag?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_DarkVoid, Feb 29, 2008.

1. I'm using the new Salvage bag with my smith, and sometimes he'll only salvage some of the items, or some of the items will get left behind.

Can someone tell me if this sequence is intentional or a bug?

4 Blacksmithing craftable type items in Salvage bag. Salvage Ingots - results in 1/4 salvaged items message, and 1 item left behind.

Salvage remaining item results in 0/1 salvaged items message.

I'm confused, how exactly does the Salvage Bag determine if an item can be lost during salvaging? Should it even behave like that?

I think if an item cannot be salvaged during the attempt, that it should not smelt or unravel the item(s) at all, but rather abort with an error and move item(s) that are causing the error into main backpack (or a user-settable backpack).

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

2. Guest

Guest Guest

My guess, based on this limited information - is the item it refuses to smelt even smeltable? It's not a Tinkering item, or something; is it?

3. hmmm... out of 4 smith craftable items ...
    salvaged 1, left 1, 2 dissappeared ...
    hmmmm

nope haven't seen that ...
    need item types and source of their creation
    (crafter/loot/properties)

4. I use one for tailoring, never had any items disappear though. It usually has problems with non-crafted items, or ones with magical properties. Maybe its different for smiths, with smelt-loss and all?