1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this cheating?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by enigma eb2, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I know of 2 methods to circumvent the game mechanics to force the ToT drops into your bank box. Is EA's formal position on these methods, that they are cheats??? or is this permitted behavior?? Just wondering since I have seen more than a dozen people using them today I did not know what to think.

2. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Someone's stirring a pot of worms...

;)

3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

If one method is having a ton of stuff on you (for high weight or item count) and you don't mind losing it, then NO. The "drop in your bank box" was implemented so the player does not get hosed for taking monster loot like gold, hides, items, etc. Without out it the player would get penalized for normal gameplay.

There are some of us that do not have a house on SP, so we carry our blessed holiday stuff on us rather than in our bank.

Stayin Alive,

BG

4. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well I hae Paged a GM and asked. Unsure as to if its cheating or exploiting, and will be getting back to me. But does not think so. The two methods, one i know your refering too, was implemented because of crying trammies hunting and missing drops due to certain circumstances. These were put in ages ago. Back before even the Virtue drops were originally in play. Now depending on the other there are 3 ways i know of to protect your ToTs. One for sure is an exploit. And I dont think its the 2 you are talking about, as it does not port your ToTs to the bank.

I just find amusing that you are upset over this? How many ToTs do you get from PKing? Most use BOS, and or Gate to bank and back. So your ToT collection from PKing should be low. Its it more that people are affecting your playstyle? The PK, dry loot, grief playstyle?

5. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ah its seem BG has let the cat out of the bag. Guess anyone not doing this, and reads here may be doing this now. Less stuff for the PKs now then ever. Guess the pot being stirred was a bad idea.

6. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LOL, I'm glad some have found away around the PK.
    Good for us that do the work ourselfs to get the TOT'S...:thumbsup:

7. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This has nothing to do with the amount of ToT's I have gotten as I care so very little with the rewards, as much as to dishonor those that claim the high and mighty "We do not cheat and disapprove of members who do" attitude here on siege.

Personally I can stop you from farming any time I show up. How did you spend your morning? Not very productive was it.

The point is do not stand there hiding behind the good name of GIL and then AFK farm using an exploit of game mechanics and cry that your the good guy.

8. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LMAO , the good name of GIL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    that was good, made me laugh..... LOL , ROFL , LMFAO , Etc;

9. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Funny how you posted this on the public forum after you said you would allow Gilfane to handle this inside the guild. I asked you for proof, you did not send it.

:talktothehand:

10. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wahhh don't hurt our rep... wahhh I have seen GIL handle things... This would be how they handle it... You can no longer be a member of our guild... You now have to join an alliance guild and you can still be in our map and vent :dunce:

11. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

Whoops!! :blushing: It's hardly a big secret, this has been around since the introduction of minor artifacts in Ilshenar.

It seems there is a different issue at hand though. :stir: Did somebody burn the bottom of the chili?

Stayin Alive,

BG

12. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This was how Bruin wanted it handled.

13. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

:wall:

Something tells me this is not exactly how Bruin wanted it handled.

14. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

So what is this about E? Is this the fact that you think people are smearing the good name of your sworn enemy? Yet your targeting the GIL players, and not the TnT players etc?

As far as me being AFK this morning. I am from time to time reasonably AFK. And thats within the TOS. The TOS states you have to be able to respond within a reasonable amount of time.

Now, as GIL knows, Ill let all know my current situation, and why I may not answer all the time, but will go through my journal and reply.

I was sent home from work last wed, due to heavy rains on the Chinchauga Forestry Road. Now I drive a 09 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ Duramax with Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs. Its heavy in the front, and heavy in the back with parts and tools. All these roads are built in the winter, ontop of swamps, and the oil companies spend a lot of money to maintain them. So they want it to dry up before I rut all the lease roads up there, and they have to pay graders to come in, and get loads of crushed gravel in aswell. So I had most of last week off. Generally Im in camp from Monday to Friday. So Sherry is taking care of our newborn 24hrs a day. So on the weekends, and last week, I have had him most of the day to give her a break, lt her sleep, and let her get caught up on housework she was unable to do during the week. So I am in the living room, where his floor mat, bouncy chair, swing, etc are located. I also play with him on my lap. So if you attack me, sorry I dont throw my son on the floor to lean forward from the couch and use my laptop to try and avoid you killing me. Also there are times when I have to change him, or walk the 15' from my laptop to the kitchen to warm the kettle up to heat up his bottle. I place my sons needs over UO. So if Im afk for 3 mins, while i change him. Oh well. Im not gonna log out and back in every time the phone rings, I get a text, i have to move him from swing to floor etc. Cause well there is no difference. as my char would not time out in the few minutes im gone. Now feel free to ask inside your own ranks, and even shadow of JVS, or Righty, how many times I have dodged kills, ran, got resed, gave counts, came back, talked, got res killed etc. So you can try and make me look as bad as you like.

Game mechanics. There have been countless threads here in the last year where someone calls foul, and many of you and your friends just state, that people dont understand game mechanics.

And AFK farming, most of the AFK farming on the shard is done by the factioners. Yet where were all the big threads then? Oh no, you would kill them, take thier silver, and be happy. But since you get nothing. Not even the satisfaction of ruining someones day, your upset.

And my morning? My morning was great. You and your partners res killed me 48 times.
    So was it productive for me? About as productive for you. You earned 0 counts, got 0 loot, and let other loot, and players enjoy thier morning. I could have easily went to a different spot, and waited for you to make your rounds. Get some timing down, and rotate myself among spots, but it was more fun to mess with you. How did that page to the GMs go? The one you were at 8 in the queue in? When I paged about an exploit the other day, I started at 8 in the queue. And well, i was 8 in the queue when the GM Ossuc was talking with me. So Id imagine you didnt get the response you were after.

Hmm, how was your morning on your AFK tamer? The one that was PKed by a few I know? Guess once the stat loss was gone, back at it huh?

Now that Ian has posted in this thread, I shall stop posting with this. Have a good day sir. See you out there.

15. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

I dunno why you'd concern yourself with such things all of a sudden. Your guild has done this very thing during previous events, not to mention all the other things that cannot be mentioned here. Why so holier than thou all of a sudden? You have no room to talk. :)

*Cheers*

16. Calyip

Calyip Guest

Enigma you act like everyone in your guild didn't use the dead afk tamer exploit to get silver. Honestly, sh.

17. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That explains how I have killed Jesus several times and his corpse is always empty. Last night when I revealed him with tracking and fired a warning arrow his way he did not respond, or try to run away. I wonder if he was there?

Exactly the same has happened last week with Robert the Brute of SP! guild so I understand you seeking clarification of the legality. Also Papou of SP! was pretty fast to use his faction recall when I attacked him. I suppose it was just coincidence he had to get to his faction base at that moment.

18. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I am proud of you for admitting your a cheater. That is the first step. Please know that there is no difference between REASONABLY AFK farming and just plain ole AFK farming. And there is a difference between fighting and hunting and having a full pack and packing your bag full to the brim and gathering nothing but what falls into your bank box.

What do I get out of all this since I don't want your loot. I made you write a post that admits your cheating.

U = Epic cheater Fail
    I = The winzor

P.S. You were right I did die this morning to Brendon Vega. He got my luck suit as I was running for the door to get a hide off. I was neither AFK nor was I packing 125 blessed items.... so what was your point???

19. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

They took that out of the game months ago. Got something new to add???

20. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Who are you Connelly?

As I posted in my post I might not always instantly there. And sometimes, there is F-all I can do about it, so I just die, and head to the healer. stealth back. I mean when bo was getting me every hour there was nothing I could really do. With no armor on, she would stealth up beside me, change form, mount up. Conflag DS me. If I moved out of the box of fire. I was dead from the DS, or one simple wack away. Most times a lightening strike would finish me. If I stayed still Id die from the flames. Most times id Just laugh.

Now of the people who got me, im gonna assume you are shadow. Which I ran off several times now in the mines. Not sure why you gave up PKing me. I have no regs or pots to heal with. But a simple all kill, seemed to get you running.

*edit*

Well as I have finished speaking with Ian on this, Im gonna respond to you Enigma.

First off, Kael also lured 10 more spawn onto your drag, and it took a long time for you to even respond to the fact that your pet was in danger. This was a different time then Cali got ya. Also how could you be killing me the whole time this morning. When this was going on? Hmm? Perhaps you are on your PC and on the one Patty uses. In which chase, how are you on both machines at the same time? Someones gotta be afk.

And the difference between AFK farming and reasonable AFK farming is simple common sense. The TOS state you must be able to respond in a reasonable amount of time to a GMs request. Now it does not say instantly. They give some room for common sense life. When you are hunting with your tamer gathering silver, and you feel the urge to use the washroom, do you....

A: quickly run and go to the little girls room?
    B: move to another area of the dungeon where currently there is no spawn on the screen?
    C: hold it cause UO is more imporant then life?
    D: leave the dungeon, gate your pet to the stables. stable your pet. Gate to your house or the closest inn, and log out until you have completed your relief?

I must remind you that you still have your 3 life lines left:
    50:50
    Ask the forum
    ICQ a friend

Im gonna suggest you dont use Ask the forum, as you might not get the answer your looking for.

Also, this is still not cheating Sir. Feel free to page a GM and ask. I have. If you would like I can take a screeny of the email I recieved for contacting the GM, and how it asks me to take the GM review survey. But I thought you paged this morning, so you should know this.

Also originally this started as a cry that you felt another player and I were afk this morning. And when proof was asked for, the cry became about items in the pack.

Also I see your selectivly answering the questions asked to you, or not commenting on certain things.

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You folks will not find the answers you seek here on Siege Stratics.

If you really want to make a difference, start here.

If you want to just hurl accusations and innuendos... It ends here.

22. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Try being there when I kill you and you will see who I am.

23. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I know who you are sir. There is only one person who has shot me, and well im ok with it. Sorry if I have to warm up a bottle every few hours, and change a diaper. Next time I shall log out where I am. Complete what I need to do for the minute it takes, and relog in. Though I doubt its gonna change anything, as it takes what? 5 mins or so to time out. Im sure ill log in to be dead, by the questionable invader. :p

24. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You are half way there Jesus. Walk 10 steps out the cave and gate home and come back. That would be an example of NOT cheating by farming AFK.

And do not try and bring children into this as we all have them. I never laughed so hard as when Bo solo raided a champ spawn with his new born on his lap. Singing nursery rhymes while calling out the names of the people he was killing.

To answer your questions silly little cheater, I was in stat and could not stealth I assumed that by standing at the door it would be easy to walk out and rehide if my killer came back. I did not see Kael luring spawn onto my dragon until I was out of stat and stealthed back to it. Secondly if I have to go potty I gate to my house log out and go. Log back in and continue. There is really no place that I farm that isnt right near an exit. I am lazy that way. But seriously the last time I farm any thing was years ago. With the amount of gold I have I just buy everything.

25. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I actually have submitted it as a bug.

26. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well thats great that bos, is at the age of being able to sit up on its own. Mine however is not. Ill get the camera out and take a picture of him in his chair next to me, with vomit on his face. While you attack me in the background. Also When mine is in my lap, its with my legs together, his head in the valley between my knees and his feet in my stomach. Which would mean leaning over him to reach the laptop on my coffee table sir.

And I didnt ask for an example of non afk farming sir. Id like to ask you what you do in blighted, or fire, or demon temple, or hyloth, perhaps destard?

I can come up with a million examples of how to do things. However does that mean they are done that way by everyone? Yourself included?

27. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*sighs* Count down has started...

28. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes I do see it coming.

29. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

You guys carry on... I will pop in when needed. I have more important matters to attend too.

30. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Don't try and turn this on me , YOU are the one admitting to your wrong deeds. Your interpretation of the rules to fit your personal gain still does not make it right.

I am not sure why you are so fixated on silver. I have never lost a suit and I bought mine the first night when it was cheap. I still have tons of silver left over from when i used to farm deamons long long ago.

YEAH A KELMO FREE FOR ALL!!!!!!

31. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*ques up some old school Nuegent*

32. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I was not fixated on silver. Your complaining about people being afk. When in fact most people afk, and we all know this are silver farmers. Was not saying that you were the one afk. I was mearly asking what you do when down in the dungeons, and you have to pee, or the phone rings, or there is a knock at the door.

And my interpretation of the rules huh? Have you ever paged a GM? and missed his message? I have. I have been working rot on my tailor when I missed a few. But replied before he left. Same thing happened when I sailed from a spawn, through a sunken dock, and got water barrels on my boat. I stepped off, couldnt dry dock it, and paged. The fact of the matter is, the GMs give you ample time to answer when paged on, or when you make a page. Because they realize that you cant always be sitting there with a shaking hand, hovering over the keys just waiting for the message to come in.

Thats like saying that when farming weps, or gold, or anyhting like that, you dont stop playing UO, to swap over to an ICQ window to message. Sir that is also AFK (when related to UO), do you ever stop and log out to answer ICQ? I highly doubt it. How about when your need to refil your glass? Again I doubt you, or anyone on these forums actually logs out regardless of what they are doing. So there is some play in the AFK thing. that we all are part of. But there is a difference good sir, I agree.

33. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

34. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Nice

35. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

Please, for the eight virtues, do not play Wango Tango.

Stayin Alive,

BG

36. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You are really trying to compare answering an ICQ while sitting in front of your UO screen, to the hours your pet and you sat there as ghosts this morning? Your pet sat there so long as a ghost that I actually did not think to track for you for nearly 45 minutes. And once dead , my god i left and came back countless times before you came back to the game. I killed like 3 more people down there before you started playing again. So dont tell me about reasonable AFK farming.

37. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thats quiet odd sir. I dont believe you know a single thing as to what you are talking about. In the mines there is "a greater dragon" ghost. It has been there for 3 days. Just past the 1st S, stuck on the mountain. The fact of the matter is, I dont know how that one is still there. Would you like me to go take a screenie alive, and with my drag? And I had left this morning to check on my son. He started to squirm. I came back after changing him (im getting pretty good at this), and I was dead. No big deal, I started the kettle and settled him in. That took all of 10 mins. While I was dead, and my pet too. And then the weirdest thing happened. My game window said "Lost Connection" Odd how that works. But I invite all people here to go to the mines, with nothing on you (so you are not PKed and dry looted) to see these drag ghost that has been there for days on end.

38. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Here i saved you and others the time. If you look. this drag has the same name as mine (default). However if you look closely I currently have 0/5 followers, yet there it is.

[​IMG]

39. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I hate that ****ing song!

40. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

We are done here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.