1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is this cheating?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mr.StinkyPants, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i go to a certain room in a certain dungeon to farm silver and i see a pet in this room slaying, theres nobody that i can see and when i lure the drag or cu or what ever is in there out it walks around for a moment and eventually dissapears , are the owners dead? logged out? or just somewhere else in game doing other tasks while there backpack fills with silver? should i page? or is it pointless?

2. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No they're there. Next time just pm me and I can assure you I will find them :)

3. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

well ok but u can come on down right now if u want but i dunno sounds like a trap to me :eyes: , but no matter ill pm u

4. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Do you mind explaining how you can find them? To me the tracking skill is absolutely useless unless you're just wanting more damage for DS. Even at gm the skill is pretty lame if you ask me.

5. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Since you're red, you can cast earthquake to shake them out of hiding.

Conflag pots work, but if you have spellweaving, wildfire has a much wider area with a good focus ( and you dont have to carry pots with you ).

You could comb the area by passing through a monster and dropping your stamina so you wont reveal when you bump into them.

Best bet is to lure the spawn away from the pet, when the pet isn't fighting it will walk over to where the owner is.

Tracking and detect are nice, but they cramp the template, go red for more options! :D

6. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I love tracking and detect on my thief. It´s just sooo much fun... :D

7. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

ya well the drag is still here standing in the corner of the dungeon no owner in sight i steped everywhere

8. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

What am I doing wrong? Why can I never track anyone unless I physically see them first? Shouldn't tracking be able to actually track someone out of the line of sight even if they're hiding?

9. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I held an event last fall that people used tracking to find me.

I lasted all of 10 mins.

Tracking works very well I am told and have experienced when being the one tracked.

10. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

If you had spellweaving, you could cast gift of life on yourself and then kill yourself. You could see if they are ghost farming silver or not, then rez.

( and we could get some killer focuses )

11. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I have a couple of spots that I bet people couldnt find me in days lol if that.

12. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

I too have been tracked many times by people who know how to use it.

13. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, I know you all are so much wiser than I am with PvPing in Stealth mode.

But, consider this... suppose that there is a timer on those stealthing ppl and
    if you just do not move in stealth mode for say two minutes. Is the chance for
    Tracking the same after five minutes of standing still?
    In other words, do the tracks ... fade?

Enquiring minds want to know.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

14. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

whats there to know? use tracking skill, choose player target. either nobody around or you got unlucky and the skill failed vs. their stealth skill.

15. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Yes the tracking skill has a timer. I have a GM tracker and you will lose your track after approx 2-4 minutes (cant be exact i havent timed it.) And to further clarify, you can only track one person at a time. There is no way to track 2 people at the same time with one char.

16. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well Mr. PVP (Sir Morder) you have to know to track for more than just humans. You must track for animals and monsters in case your target is in those forms, and you have to be within so many tiles. Bo thinks you should go back to taming.

17. Nakukak

Nakukak Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Leave me alone xD

18. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Just a FYI, Essence of wind with a high focus is one of the best revealers in game!!!

It will hit people of your screen!(with a level 6)

19. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the tip... I never use that spell, but I will begin to! :D

I also learned in this thread about having to track animals and monsters for people in ninjitsu forms, or shape shifted with magery.

Very informative thread.

Alot of the afk farmers like to use rabbit form for the +20 stealth... so thats why tracking humans will not work... I will make the proper adjustments!

20. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

There is no owner there. I have been there several times. And even had a player with tracking with me, trying to find owner. if you kill pet, or lure it out, it walks to the corner, and cant reach its owner. Some say that on the top level, off to the side after the bridge (heading from entrance in), you can stand over there and still get silver. And no the owner is not dead. If the owner were dead, they wont get silver (they fixed that I believe). But even if they were. the pet would walk up next to there ghost, or wander aimlessly.

21. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well can quit thinking that the owner is dead for one thing. You can NOT farm silver as a ghost anymore...

22. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

A simple answer from a simpleton. Only someone with your iq would need step by step instructions (i'll bet you get that alot though). Thanks for the worship though.

23. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

You and your guildes outta know :)

24. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Their are many spots to hide in this area if your smart & never be caught.
    People can let the dragon's or Cu's out but when it disapears it's because the person has logged. Then they just wait for you to leave and come right back to work. They can sit their and watch you on their other computer while stealth'd, you'd never know it but I guarntee they see your every move. As far as traking goes , I use it very well I might add at 0 skill points as a human. You have the same chance at 100 "gm" as you do with the 20 points you get for being human at 0.:danceb::thumbsup:

25. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

hmm then y dont they attack me, they can see that im weak if they are watching and a greater drag is pretty hard to kill by urself, could it be that there afk........:sleep2:

26. Quira

Quira Guest

Dear Mr Pants

Don't worry too much about other people cheating... just get the good stuff before they get to it :)

Kind regards

Quira

27. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

bah thats what im worried about there cheating me out of my silver i found there lil hiding spot and killing them is np but maby if i talk to the right ppl that lil hiding spot might get filled up:D

28. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I figured it out on the calculator, that poor soul had his dragon kill 252 daemons for him while he was away, and he wont be receiving a single piece of the silver.

There used to be a broken chair in that spot for a while, I think our EM at the time placed it there and locked it down, then when all the lock downs went haywire a few months ago, it disappeared.

29. archite666

archite666 Guest

*PVP observation from an outside source*

I believe the last time you and a buddy dueled koc/420/SP/whatever
    (valentines day if i'm correct) You got clomped. Clomped good.

Pardon me but, don't people BELOW the status of another do the worshipping?

30. Nakukak

Nakukak Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Actualy, had killed alot more xD

and no comment on the chair, plus Ive found a much smarter way now.... so good luck in the future.

Atleast I got respect for Nightstalker... If i had known it was you coming for me, you could get the silver, didnt want let someone else get it.

31. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

well in that case how bout u write out a check for 20k silver to night and we will call it even.

32. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I don't think I will have a problem finding you again.... the challenge is accepted!

What I hate is that I could see the contents of your corpse, but couldnt take, because there was rocks between us. I could not teleport onto your corpse either, it said, " Someone else is standing there ".

"No he isn't! He is a pile of bones!", I shouted to the devs, then they were gone...

33. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Nakukak is a newb, if he is behind the rocks in fire wait for him to help stuck out. Because luckily for this sad player the ghost prevents you from teleporting to the spot. But when he is stupid and helps stuck out before his corpse is gone you can still loot :)

34. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Ok, I didnt know it was the ghost blocking and not the corpse.

General tried sevral times himself before it decayed, so I don't think he ever 'help stuck'ed at all. He probably recovered from stat loss even before he knew he was dead.

35. Nakukak

Nakukak Sage
    Stratics Veteran

not with my new spot :)
    No one has actualy ever came to it in malas... im surprised