1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this cleaver any good?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Arris Windstorme, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Is this decent? If so, anyone got an idea on pricing? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. prison bound

prison bound Guest

i would say no. its already a fast weap, so not having the SSI doesnt hurt it as much, but it has no hit spell

the cleaver does have pvp applications though, so you never know

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

yes that's a very nice cleaver.

In my experience all hit spell really does, in a PvM environment, is reduce damage.

For as long as I can remember, most (if not all) hit spells cause the part of one's DI from chivalry spell or special move sources to not apply.

For example, my old hit lightning broadsword would lose 20-30 points of its damage if the lightning went off. Not all that important if the target has low energy resist, but a dealbreaker if I only get 10-15 points of lightning exchanged for 2-3 times as much "normal" damage lost.

4. No it's not a particularly good cleaver, if you want to use in pvp that is. HLD and DI is nice, and is probably usuable but because it has low base damage hit spell is really a must for it to be good.