1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this Item a Dupe or legit

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lore Master, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

While searching vendors I found a vendor house with an item on a vendor i never saw or heard of before. I do not know if this item is legit its called Paladin Sword for 500k the description says old Paly sword rather cheap for a very old item I never saw so I suspect it could be a dupe anyone know please thanks.

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It is from an old quest to turn in Books of Truth. You currently can not get a paladin sword so it is considered a rare. But there are a lot of them out there.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

4. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I believe the books of truth sword is called The Redeemer. There was an old sword simply called "Paladin Sword". I had one. One more knowledgeable about these things than me, said it was worth about 3 mill or so, but that was a couple of years ago. I do not recall the origin of the sword -- I got mine in an idoc. Whether it has been duped, I do not know. 500k is cheap from what I've heard.

Edit: Syrus provided more info than I.

5. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

ok thanks I knew about the redeemer but diid not know there was also one labled paladin sword guess ill buy it being its legit just did not want to buy a dupe thanks so much guys.

6. Lord_Deimos

Lord_Deimos Guest

What are you all talking about???

Paladin swords are changeling dupes

Redeemer = Book of Truth reward

7. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

It's worth quite a bit more than 500k.

8. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

Oh no is it illegal to have? can you get banned for owning one? I don't want to get banned.

9. Lord_Deimos

Lord_Deimos Guest

No

But it IS a dupe from the changeling bug

10. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

ok thanks I wish there was a dupe Detector or something so innocent players like myself don't be scammed by buying a dupe not knowing its a dupe.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What Deimos says basically. Although I remember reports of them being in the game even before the Redeemer existed, most Paladin swords are changeling dupes.

I wonder if you can imbue them when SA is released...

12. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I hope so but they have a swing rate of 5s. Worse than even the halberd. And the duped ones don't have that high base dam as the named one. Think they're 15-16 don't remember. So Unless they fix how some weapons have become useless via DPS/specials.... I'd really would like an imbued pali sword though...

13. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the original paladin sword did exist way before the redeemer came out, I'm not sure if the paladin sword originally came with any mods or not but it has been duped severely, there is no harm in owning it though

14. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yep doggy dupe. What from, is still a mistery as no one iv met has reported seeing the original anywere since it was duped but as far as i was could work out it was doggy duped from the one in the museum in skara thats part of the display. Some how someone managed to pick it up and equip it before it rubber banded back to the display just log enough for the doggy to copy it.

15. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If I may add to this thread , is this a legit item?

I saw on a player vendor a blotch of text that said "Death Shroud"
    The guy was trying to sell it for 50m. Can somebody explain what that is?

16. RichDC

RichDC Guest

DO NOT BUY!!!

Its not a dupe as such, its a funny thing you can do which as far as i know is actually completely legal.

However, IF YOU LEAVE THE SUBSERVER THE SHROUD WAS CREATED ON IT WILL DISAPPEAR!!!

Meaning, you recall out of luna and you just LOST 50MIL!

17. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

The death shroud is sort of Legal to have (since it vanishes when you go anywhere anyway) but if it's been put on a vendor for sale, report the vendor and the owner will get banned.

18. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Death Shrouds are VERY illegal as far as I know.

It takes an exploit to create them.

19. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I can't quote everybody who replied to my post , but thanks for the responses everybody. You find new things about this game everyday , and damn I've been playing it for some good 8 years.

20. * bump *

So eh is this legal to own? Because I've just found a paladin sword and it's a nice deco item for my virtue suit on display. I'm asking because I don't get it why it's legal to own while it came from a bug or dupe.

21. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Buy it if you like you won't get in trouble. I believe and could be wrong the original paladian swords were gotten by killing the paladins when they first came out and robbing them. Or maybe am remmebering something else? Either way if you want it buy it.

22. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

They came from an exploit using the imprisoned dog. There was one on display, and they fixed the bug, and supposedly wiped them all out, however if you have one, it came from an exploit. That is the only way they were obtainable. If you have one, you have a rare, but not one I would advertise as it came from an EXPLOIT. If you read on UOGuide they did wipe of them, but apparently some got missed. Personally I would just throw it in trash. Some GM might have woke up on the wrong side of the bed and remember that they are dupes.

23. Came from what I believe an asian event glass dagger or sword. The sword would break immediately upon impact, so not many survived. They were glacial blue hued.

24. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

JC I think you are confusing the 'Planesword' with the "Palidin Sword'.

The Planesword was used as a turn in during the books of truth.

25. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Umm.. Wasn't the Planesword the sword dropped by the winged thingies in the alternative moonglow? 10% hit lightning, and worth 5 or 10 points in the spring cleaning turn-in, if I remember...
    Redeemer used the Paladin Sword graphic, and was a reward from the books of truth turn-in.

26. Correct. The paladin sword that surfaced from the changeling bug came out a good year or two before the redeemer did. And plane swords/shields came from the void in Moonglow during that whole ordeal.

I would consider one of the reasons for the developers choosing a paladin sword as the redeemer type weapon because many people enjoyed the paladin sword (dupe) and wanted it implemented into the game in some way.