1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Black Sun, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I decided to start a new mage on my 2nd account today for something to do. So I headed to new haven, bought some skill, and took on a few new player quests for the skills I'm working. After finishing my magery/meditation/eval quests, I took up healing and anatomy. To train I put on a cloak of corruption so I could heal myself over and over again. Well the karma draining effect quickly dropped me down to despicable. All of a sudden I noticed all the zombies and skeletons in the area heading towards me. They wern't attacking, just following me around. Now as I wander around old haven I have an undead entourage.

Has anyone else had this happen?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That's quite interesting... Can't say as I've ever had an undead following of that nature... but then I haven't ever worn my cloak.

You are like the Pied Piper of the undead now... fascinating. *grins*

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It appears you can't get more than 4 to follow you.

But they even do it with the cloak off.

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't heard of that particular effect, but other effects of wearing the cloak (really it's a robe!) of corruption do indeed linger past the cloak being actually on.

For example, some people have found that animals will randomly attack them. This effect lingers. I would expect your effect to linger as well.

Donning a cloak of the Shadowlords is an act of great, great evil.

-Galen's player

5. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's an effect of the cloak. One of the things it did was attract animals to following you around. I suppose since the zombies and skeletons of New Haven aren't aggressive, the fall into that category.

6. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Had the same thing happen to me.
    Seems to work on any creature.
    I use my cloak to raise Med and Focus, at times when I take it off, every animal/creature/monster will flock to me/follow me. Numbers are no limit aparrently, I have had over 30 creatures in entourage at times. Makes for a great laugh when the entire guild and half the alliance (Uriah and Dev too) get to come watch you try to "shake" the entourage.
    Harmless but a huge pain in the behind, if they make it into your house.

7. Nem

Nem Guest

LOL!

8. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

One of the other things it does is multiply your fame income. It seems that you get fame for anything that dies around you, regardless of what actually killed it.

Simply put, the cloak is such a unique and interesting item, the "thread-treated" version will have to be pretty spectacular to make me convert all of mine...

9. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This is normal consequences of allowing your karma to reach absolute bottom.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yeah any creature will follow you around if you're wearing the cloak.