1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this shard german or something?

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by Tasonne, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Tasonne

Tasonne Guest

I recently started playing UO. I didn't know what shard to start on. I didn't want to play on the most populated server so I start a character on Drachenfels. So, I notice a lot of the house names are in what looks like german. I am not even from europe. Would it be better if I just played on a different shard?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hi,

There are alot of german speaking people on Drachs. But alot of them speak english too. And we also have lots of other speaking people around. Plenty of languages to choose from, dutch, english, german, french , portugees and so on. :)

We just have a wide variety of countries. My guild friends are even from the USA.
    Don't let the many german language around scare you away. There are alot of nice helpfull people around. :)

Our EM always hold there events in 2 languages at the same time too.
    Thanks to the variety here on drachs it help brush up the understanding of many of these languages.

If you need help or advise, just ask. We don't bite.... often . ;)

3. Tasonne

Tasonne Guest

Yeah man, I mean, I think this shard looks really good other than that. It isn't crowded with houses yet the forum looks fairly active and I see people in game from often enough as well. I might just call this shard home. From Canada ;) and english

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Ones you get settle on drachs you will see how nice it can be here. Not beeing overcrowded shard just means we don't have long lines waiting to fight and get the things we want. :)

We often spread around the shard but don't be suprised there alot of people at ones on special events. :)

5. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

Hi Tasonne and Welcome to Drachenfels
    As Frafc said we have people from all over on this shard (there are some from Canada)
    A huge amout of the players speak English, I have been playing on here for a few years and very rarely have a problem.

If you need any help or items, please don't be afraid to ask on the forums, and as Frarc said we don't bite .......often :)

6. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hello Tasonne!

I just would repeat the same stuff as Frarc and Legacyee said, but it's true. A lot of german speaking people, but most of them understand (at least some words of) english.

Just ask, you won't be disappointed, I think...

Welcome to Drachenfels!
    :party:

7. Lexfixr

Lexfixr Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Damn there goes the neighbourhood another Canuck on the shard
    Im in British Columbia so happy to speak english to you any time
    you will like it here I've been on this Shard since it hatched nice mix of people.

8. Tasonne

Tasonne Guest

Look forward to seeing you all in game :thumbsup:

The name of my character is Tasonne, a mage. Lately, I've been hanging around Britain and fighting in the swamp/desert, since I can't mark runes yet. I'll probably be heading to Shame soon and be there until I find something better.