1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this shard only about PVP?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by VinnySP, Mar 17, 2010.

1. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Dont get me wrong about the pvp thing but is that all that really matters to everyone? I just wanna hunt and kill stuff but be able to defend myself, ive tried to bring people over here from other shards but none stay.....the killing of new people to the shard should stop. I know its welcome to siege thing but we should change it to allow them to get settled in.I think first impressions are everything and thats not a great first step.

I'd luv to have others to hunt with ie champs/bosses and such instead of having to gm plus all the skills just to be able to solo a champs or boss. Solo hunting kinda blows and takers forever even tho it is rewarding at the end.

So... i guess what im saying is anyone wanna hunt wit me..or ally with me so we might get a chance to have more then 2-3 people on to try for a champ or boss. PVP is ok in my book but there has to be more to it,more to this shard then just pvp. and yes i stink at pvp but i am willing to be a good student if someone wishs to mentor. Id like to be able to logg in and actually have something to do.

Thanks for listening .....Vinny

2. PM Lord Dog, Vinny. I think he set up an alliance of small guilds to pvm together. Good luck.

3. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran

Forsaken i saw yer post is gone now and for the record i have been here for a long time and have my mills so its not all about cash and i dont x-shard anything! I just wanna have something to do.

4. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Yeah, I was being harsh and jumping to conclusions. :) I didn't like it after reading it over...

GIL used to do a lot of PvM and had some decent PvPers in the group.

5. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I came here to play a risk based game after years on Atlantic. I can't PVP and just try to stay alive while farming or helping friends in faction battles. There are many who don't even get involved in PVP at all.

6. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran

I would love to get to know some of those people.

7. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Check with Lorddog for sure, and check gil. Things are certainly more quiet around there though. But still a reg group.

8. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

X2
    I am in GIL but often wander around solo with perhaps a new in tow to grab loot. Or if you don't want to join a guild or GIL is not to your liking PM DOG he is very good people and so are all the allies.

9. Bruin

Bruin Guest

This shard is not only about pvp. I'd guess in the history of this shard, only about 40% of it really care about pvp in any way.

Most people play because they enjoy either the additional risks of being hunted by pk's while they hunt, or hate how easy hunting has become with the trammelization of just about everything on other shards, or both.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*nods* PvP is but one aspect of this shard. Some few view UO as a third person shooter... Most of us do not.

11. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Lately some of the best PvP takes place on these forums.

12. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This. Also, here if someone is camping a spawn or being a jerk, you can kill them. I hated rude people at trammel hunting spots.

13. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

V - you should join our allaince or GIL's guild. gil has more players on to go out with. my alliance has about 6 single member guilds together but lately it has been hard to get anyone on to do stuff. I am ALWAYS ready to do stuff. lots of times I will join in with GIL or a few other guilds.

With our alliance you can always just try it out for awhile.

Lorddog

14. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*grumbles* I need a t-hunter!

15. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

its the only pvp goin on...

16. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Vinny, instead of quitting TNT (I know you didnt like factions), you should have just moved over to TNA our non faction guild.
    Even as dead as things are we still have 4 to 6 peopl ein vent all the time and as pvp is dead we do exaclty what your looking for.

Over the last few weeks we have pounded out dozens of spawns, mels and even a harry or two. At this point most of our pvp char have stopped logging on or they just pop in and check for pvp, the rest if us log in and hunt beasties all the time. PM Kat or Hattori if you want back in.

17. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Like Kat said.

18. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran

What did Kat say? was a post removed? i did not see any from her.

19. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

wth this guy as been tnt? never seen him...