1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Is this Surcoat a Rare?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Bucko the Kid, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Greetings,

I found this on a character that I haven't played in over a decade and I'm wondering if it has any value as a rare. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. DVI

DVI Guest

it isn't rare in the sense that such items exist in very low numbers, but it is an item that can no longer be created and some find very desirable. I personally prefer the [blessed] tag, but there are some who feel as i do about the sewn by and/or exceptional tags.

To the average buyer id say about 8-10m, maybe a bit less or more especially to the right person.

3. Thank you for your response to my question. One more if I may.... Is the [blessed] tag from an old clothing bless deed or is it a tag that was part of the ID when the item was made?

Trying to further my education. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Bucko the Kid

4. DVI

DVI Guest

the [blessed] tag would appear on an item when a CBD was used.

5. Tetricyde

Tetricyde Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Correct and after which when they changed the format... if you used an additional Clothing Bless Deed after the change...

...this is where you get the Double Bless items From... :party:

**EDIT**
    The Black Sandle Double Blessed are the most common type I have seen over the years as well...
    **EDIT**

Tetricyde Of Pacific

6. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

Another thing which I believe adds more value to that item is the fact that it does not have a strength requirement. I personally have several of each having the [exceptional] and/or [blessed] tag in the location that yours is in. Of all my pieces like that, only 2 (of 20+) do not have the str req. It is in my opinion that those without the str req. are even older, even if it's just by a matter of a patch or two.