1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is this the job of an Advisor ???

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Soul.Train, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Soul.Train

Soul.Train Adventurer

Hello,

today an Advisor jailed me on Atlantic cause i was doing a Gate Service to the Plot im Selling... i didnt notice him .......

I told him that i was on the second Screen and whe he jailed me i talked to him and asked him/her whats the reason.... I was told that Advisors are looking for People doing afk any Action like GMs...thats theire Jobs too....

Now im confused and hope ill find a correct answer here !!!

Thanks for your help

2. Arien

Arien Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

But you was there, so how could you be afk then? :confused2: If you have 2 Screens and you look on the second one but do on the first one Gates what is wrong with that? I guess you can't do both at the same time ... so have you done both at the same time? If then he was right, if not then ... args i am confused now. :eek:

3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Advisors usually try to talk to the person for about 5 minutes asking them things like "are you there" "what are you doing" etc. If the person still doesn't answer they put them in jail for doing stuff afk. It mainly applies to things like training a skill, mining, gating to vendors and stuff like that. What the advisor told you is correct, that has become part of their job.

Christina Kardos likes this.
  4. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

How exactly do you come by this information?

5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was in Luna on chessy casting evil omen on my horse over and over for about 10 minutes..no attempt at communication was made..I was just brought to Buc's scripting room. The advisor then said oh nice to see you attending good day..I was like ok cool! Now I get to use one of the stupid moongates and run all the way back to the bank since I was on a new character with no runes. I WANT HIM FIRED!! I had to actually walk somewhere!!! UNACCEPTABLE! Long story short (macro in your house) or somewhere hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

at least the team is trying to do something about afk macroing and multiboxing that everyone was b1tching about.

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

http://www.uo.com/article/Advisors-are-coming

Just so you're aware of what an Advisor can or cannot do. I was unaware that they had the ability to put you in jail, maybe more clarification would be nice :)

All it states in that announcement:

Advisors can move monsters that spawn out of reach, move corpses that die in out of reach locations, help new and returning players with information about the game that they don’t know or might have forgotten, and direct players to information sites that might be helpful.

Maybe they have gotten more powers over time but there has been no announcement made as such.

Parnoc likes this.
  8. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

As far as I know, it has not been published anywhere. I learned about it by asking an Advisor on Atlantic after I watched them do what I described asking the person if they were there and all that. When the person didn't respond the Advisor said something along the lines of "last chance to respond before I put you in jail" and when the person still did not respond, they went poof. When I asked them about it the Advisor explained that since GM's are too busy lately to look for people doing things afk the Advisors were given permission to do it.

I'm not sure how it works on other shards, but I have seen 2 different Atlantic Advisors remove people from Luna bank for afk training skills in the last couple weeks.

9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

an advisor pulled my macroing character to a graveyard and got me killed from the liches and other spawn there. even jail would have been a much safer alternative. if i had high end uninsured items lost when i died from being looted i probably would have quit the game at least for a while.

10. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

:twak:

11. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If an advisor took you to jail or to a grave yard then email me their names. But yes they are putting people into the Macro box after trying to communicate with players without a response.

Larisa, Kirthag and Alexander of ATL. like this.
  12. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

jail
    macro box

is there a difference?

i actually think its a grand idea.
    if you cant answer a simple hello asked 5 times you are obviously not attending and we all know the rules about not attending.
    the graveyard is a little harsh, funny, but harsh.

Larisa likes this.