1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Is UO paving the way for Warhammer?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by love2winalot, Jun 10, 2008.

1. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Hail: I just thought of this. A while back a lot of posters thought the current plot was paving the way for the release of stygin abyss. Clearly it is not, as SA seems to have never made it off the drawing board. But what about Warhammer Online?

Players grouping together in different factions to save their city, and conquor other cities. The current event in UO. Choose a side, Factions involved, Towns being raided, Spawn being beefed up, and who knows what else.

Kind of looks like a way to get UO players who like this type of event, a taste of it, and then sign up for Warhammer. Maybe? Thoughts? :popcorn:
  2. KidJoe

KidJoe Guest

Not a chance
  3. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

They don't need to give EA fans a reason to sign up for WAR. They are already going to do so. I can't wait till it comes out because it will definately be something I want to play. It looks a lot more like DAoC than UO though.

However, it wouldn't be the first time that one game bleed into another. When they first partnered with EA, Mythic did some stuff in DAoC that looked exactly like it belong in UO and not in DAoC.
  4. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 18, 2004
    I think UO paved the way for most of the MMO's out there today. That said, I don't think the event and faction changes have anything to do with Warhammer Online. Factions needs to be improved on a number of levels. I am hopeful that the knowledge Mythic has with RvR in DAoC and WAR will spill over into UO and help improve Factions.
  5. google : Optometrists
    Then ... well, then try the word "clearly"
    or perhaps a community college class in logic?

either way ... optometrist first
  6. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

May 13, 2008
    The more likely scenario is that they're simply stealing ideas from warhammer. Saves time when you only have to think up 1 game concept.

Doesn't really matter though, there's nothing EA could possibly do to get me to play another one of their games. After seeing what they've done to UO, I hope warhammer flops and they all get canned.