1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is UoAssist still a necessity?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Valerin, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Valerin

Valerin Visitor

Another "old vet, starting up again" question. For the many years I played UO, I always had UOAssist. Since I haven't played in probably 6 years.. is UOassist still a necessity or have they improved the client to incorporate the benefits of UOAssist directly into the official client?

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Well that depends on which client you are using. If you are using the Classic Client, then no, the features from UOAssist were not incorporated over the years. If you were to use the Enhanced Client, well its built in functionality actually surpasses UOAssist, it's just many members of the community find it to be visually displeasing.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

If you are using your same account from years past you can still look up the code and use UOA without having to pay again.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yep that's what I did.

If you want to use UO Cart you need UOA, and there are some macros (Like the dress macro) you can't do in the CC. That's the main reasons I use UOA.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You SIR are to be congratulated, that is about the most diplomatic explanation I have ever read describing both of the UO clients. BRAVO

6. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

I've never used a third party program (although I've used mythic tokens and plenty of pink scrolls to help build my characters). It's not e necessity, just something extra if you really feel you need it.

7. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

I only play in classic client. My number one use for uo assist is sorting bags. I think ec can do this automatically, but in classic few things are as hellish as picking individual small pieces of blackrock out of your pack.

Tanivar likes this.
  8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My main uses of UOA is the information bar at the top, and thread, yarn, and cloth making macroes that use 10 items up per run. With arthritis, less mousing is a good thing, particularly when it's boring repetition instead of distracting action.

Not sure if I'd buy it for a new account these days since they changed the crafting windows to do multiples years back. Since that change UOA's macroing isn't all that useful anymore.

9. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

True statement tanivar, I forgot how awful raising smith was in 2001. I now remember that was why I got uoassist initially, and mostly stopped using it after that skill was raised.

10. ioelis

ioelis Journeyman

Hi. Is there a way to have your char "follow the cursor" on CC without using UO Assist? I may have to go without UOA and am worried because I haven't found a way to do this without it... any one can help, thanks.

11. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Left click while moving and your character will follow the cursor until you stop moving and right click.

Check out the http://stratics.com/community/threa...ne-know-little-known-cc-game-commands.344743/ thread on the first page of Uhall.

12. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

@Tanivar Yes the info at the top is very useful and with the change to the crafting make items is all great, I have macros to fill every small BOD there is. That is the only thing I use UOA for anymore, filling BODs.

13. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My dress macro works with or without UOA in CC....I double click my corpse! I am standing next to it anyway when I get rezzed! :)

14. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

*groans* Well...I die...a LOT.....just ask my guildies :/ and half the time it's because I'm stupid and think I'm indestructible and run into like mass amounts of spawn or run after someone I know I can't kill but try anyway :) lol Besides...running while I'm getting dressed is kinda cool!

15. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

@Lord Frodo Something else I have set up on UOA are macros to load and fire each cannon on my ship. Haven't been out mugging merchants for a while. :pirate:

Lord Frodo likes this.
  16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

@Tanivar UOA may not have as much use as it did when it first came out but there are still somethings that it saves a lot of steps doing esp. for us older people.

17. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Harvesting seeds and resources from plants. simple macro, very fast.
    Mouse wheel for target self/last target

18. ioelis

ioelis Journeyman

19. ioelis

ioelis Journeyman

20. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

Uoa on cc is still the best and only legal alternate program that you can use.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  21. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

hold down the right mouse button and then click the left mouse button to engage cursor follow mode (let go of the left mouse button first) - been that way since day one

to shut off cursor follow mode, just click the right mouse button

Lord Frodo likes this.