1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

It took forever, but I am now at 120 imbuing.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

**** YEAH!

I used an SoT. Still counts dammit.

Attached Files:

2. LOL thats how I felt when I finished mine, its about f***in time rofl but I didnt get to eat any SoTs :( Lucky you :p

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*looks at the calender*

Forever isn't as long as it used to be.

( welcome to the party :) )

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Me too - finally.
    I could maybe have done it quicker if I could have managed to spend more of the time I'm at the pc actually playing the game I'm paying for instead of working on the 'job' I don't get paid for, but never mind. :D

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Does this mean you will stop whining in every thread about imbuing how god awful it is to train? :p

Congrats! Go make something useful. :)

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

lol nope. It was godawful til the end.

Oh I will, I already planned a bunch of stuff out.

But I need to get to GM arms lore now, lol. At 91.6 currently, never finished it :/

7. lol I finished my arms lore while training imbuing and yes, it is god awful till the end!

8. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Well done! It was pretty horrid wasnt it? :thumbup:

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Every minute of it. :)

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats!

As a scrouge, I do it the cheap way and hunt for items to unravel and imbue, so my greatest pain is the amount of gold I spent buying gems from jewellers. My stockpile of gems I collected over the years isn't quite enough. Each attempt including failures costs on average 70gp worth of gems. Using mainly citrines, amethyst and amber.

I am at 119.2 currently, hopefully I can gain the last 0.8 over the next few days.

Gonna work on loyalty at the same time :D Queen's forge, here I come!

11. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi there,

well done even if you broke down to eat a scroll....
    I went to legendary last night myself.

Sometimes I wonder whats wrong with me because I didnt think it was hard or anything else.
    Just relaxing.

In general not aimed for OP or anyone specific:
    Maybe its the crafter in me,I even had time to study many interesting things while training.If you are training just to get it done ,do something else instead.I didnt even train 1h aday since the start...I would say it was surprisingly easy.

The first days it seemed that maybe people would try to earn some gold with imbuing but that is out of the window now since most of the people do it for free if they just get the reagent needed.What I want to say is that if you dont like imbuing dont train ,you will find an imbuer that like the profession and is willingly to help you.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

12. Fink

Fink Guest

Congrats :thumbup:

13. On a side note to imbuing (I'm a little behind since I do not yet have expansion), did the developers ever implement Item I.D. as a beneficial skill for imbuing?

14. Petra Fyde

Item id can identify what ingredient an item will unravel to.
    It's nice to be able to make things that exactly fit our playstyle and template, but the thing I've enjoyed making most so far (I'm probably silly) was a lrc mr bonnet.

15. Oh. I remember hearing them [Developers] toss around ideas for Item I.D. for instance at GM, you could perhaps use it to select which property to unravel etc.

So ultimately, it came down to being able to identify which item will unravel? Ah well, guess I really won't have to bother with it too much then hehe. I really want to make a nice wizard hat. I wonder... would it be possible to imbue a non-exceptional slime event cloth wizard hat crafted by a newby tailor?

16. They Call Me Al

They Call Me Al Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Forever eh??? * thinks back to the days pre-scripts when "forever" was months to just gm a skill..... Not a week or so to legendary it*

I'm sorry, but you don't know "hard" till you try gm'ing smith with your own mined up resources...(without skill bonus items) Mining in the north Brit mines with dozens of reds killing everyone in sight.. Maybe only getting 1000 ingots in a full day of work.. Only to use them in 10 minutes just to raise .2 skill.

Your "forever" sir, is hardly that.

17. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

QFT. Whiny babies.

18. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

19. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You need to have item ID on the char that has imbuing in order to tell what you will receive when you unravel the item. Also if your imbuing isn't high enough to unravel and get enchanted or relic fragments, when you ID something that would give you those items, it will tell you that your skills isn't high enough to tell what you will receive.

I finally got to 120 on 10/3. I took the slow and steady approach so not to get so sick and tired of doing it. I would burn a runic hammer on daggers and when I finished imbuing the bag, then I was done training imbuing.

20. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

Is it Worth it???

21. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't made one dang thing since I 120'd it. I know there are durability issues on weapons, not sure about armour and jewlery.

22. there are durablility on armour and on jewlery!

I imbuied a ring with 18 lrc and brought it down to 1 lrc it now has durablility on it. Good Ring. ;)

23. Petra Fyde

I made a bracelet for my hubby's char. 100 luck, 15 animal lore, 10 peace 10 provo, 10 magery. He's happy. When it wears out I'll make him another one.

24. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have a tamer with disco who is also my t hunter. Essentially she has:

120 taming
    110 lore
    112 vet (i had two spare points)
    100 carto/100 LP (swaps out with soulstone)
    120 music
    120 disco
    105 magery

This was impossible for me to achieve before imbuing. I'm actually not quite there yet, still juggling skills (raising magery, lowering taming, raising music) but it shouldn't be too long.

Now with her suit she has those skills + 1000 luck + 100% LRC + a suit that gives her 70 phys/70 fire and pretty good resists in the others. The only items I'm using that are imbued are the jewelry, because of the way I did it (skills only up to +12) the only stuff it costs me that is time consuming to get are boura pelts. So when I need to remake the jewelry I can get out there and farm for a couple hours and be set. :thumbsup: