1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

It would be nice to ad to sticky list with...

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by monkeybutt, Feb 27, 2008.

1. monkeybutt

monkeybutt Guest

people that own or confirm old quest or seer items as that alot of these on the items & artifacts list say that they my be lost or just location unkown and this is just not true on some items, also to preserve the history of uo for new players.Just a list of known items like event data base would be nice [​IMG]

2. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

lotta ppl been trying to work on this for a very long time, if you wana help feel free to pitch in lol.

This isnt exactly something that can just "Happen" so to speak, takes ALOT of work and hard effort to make something like this, UORares.com is probably the best atm, but Manti has the event item list up top and DVI is working on server births and possibly pictures for all of the rest [​IMG]

3. monkeybutt

monkeybutt Guest

of course it will be hard work but if people write in with "i have this" and include a picture or i know where this is then it should make lite work than one person running around trying to figure it all out once the list starts it should be stickyd then as time goes by it will be updated like event post. not sure if theres that many old quest items out there but it would be nice to be wrong, as i dont see many coming up for sale

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Also there are some out there that prefer to remain out of the limelight. You may be suprised what is stored in the house right next door

5. monkeybutt

monkeybutt Guest

yes i understand your point this is just to confirm that items r still out there,just for uo history besides how cool r the names like a sword called stone bite or a mace weapon called hammer fist or a full bottle of hurrek"s house ale [​IMG]

6. Here is my list: I would like as well a story behind the items, what shard or shards its from, how the items were obtained, any good general info on an item - general price now per item - etc. (this is stuff we could add to our database above under each line item in the event sticky) Anyone new would get the history of the item - general price - and more in depth info on the item besides a name. A name does not say allot. I can also do print screens of these items if we want to go this far. Everyone could do this and we could build allot better database in the event and rares sticky. I put some other rares here as well because I am not sure what the actual story is behind them. The wierd colored items like white apple, I have no clue. Lets do this!!

RBG Basic Training (Bright Yellow Surcoat)

Raiment of the Zessler Guard
    (Green robe)

I died multiple times at Halloween on Baja and all I got was this lousy tshirt! (blaze fancy shirt)

3rd place Grand Tourney "Chris" (bronze statue)

Servant of Tal'Keesh (darker blue robe)

Minion of Marcel (bright blue robe)

1st Korean shard mini Olympic event winner (white armless shirt)

I died in the deepest darkest dungeon free for all and only got this shirt (white fancy shirt)

The Quarterfinalist of bagball worldcup [Balhae] (dark grey robe)

The Quarterfinalist of bagball worldcup [Arirang] (dark grey robe)

The Quarterfinalist of bagball worldcup [Formosa] (dark grey robe)

Minotaur Axe

I died in the jhelom pits and all i got was this shirt.

Minions of Surano (robe) (white fancy shirt)

I participated in the Great Lakes contest extravaganza (white robe)

Member of the Legion of Chaos (black sash) - 30 mil atlantic -

Djinni's ring

Carapace Crusher (black warhammer)

Santa's ring (dvi)

Arirang 3rd Dual EVent Member (Bright White Robe)

I was not the last man standing on legends (blue robe)

Obsidian Warrior (Bright Blue Sash)

Europa Gold Body Sash

Blue Robe like europa gold with the color blue

Rotgut wine

White Apple

Ceramic Mug

An apprentice's staff from umbra university withering with stored power

Hatchet Thrower - Finalist

Sini Sarp Agra-Char De Ssithnos (blue bardiche)

A finely crafted yew bow

Terathan Recruit Pack

Fishing Weight (seed)

Archer - Finalist (bow)

Blood Pact (red double axe)

Royal Guard Hatchet

Royal Guard Dart

Royal Guard Bow

Blackguard of the Legion of Chaos (red sash)

A tattered piece of clanin's robe (blue folded cloth)

Christmas Carols

Imp Race Participant (blue sash)

Orcish Scimitar

Royal Sand Miner (tan sash)

Finalist in the Oceania pvp tourney (Orange cloak)

A ship claim ticket

Partisan of Chaos (dark blueish grey sash)

The serpent codex (red book)

Arachnid Libram (blue book)

Grim Reapers Scythe x2

Interior House door keys x2

Calm

Quell

Blood stained tunic

1 (dagger)
    2 (dagger)
    5 (dagger)
    10(dagger)

Oblivion's needle (dark grey dagger)

A ballot box

Pacify

Eye of Newt

Bloodspawn

Brimstone

Pumice

Daimyo Emino's Katana

Large Diamond x2

Treaty of Allegiance (gold scroll)

Orcish Engineer toolkit (dark grey toolkit)

Hair Dye

Special Beard Dye

Schiaparelli's Telescope, o5 "Formosa"

Green Arrow

Blue Bread Loaf

Crystal Staff Of Chaos Replica (red scepter)

Lenshire Clan Tabard (faded green surcoat)

A statue of finnigan

A low quality finnigan's hat

A shirt embroided with "we created the food" x2 (white t-shirt)

Halloween on chesapeake (blaze tribal mask)

Order of the Serpent Shield (green shield)

A bottle of yew wine

Lake superior fishing contest (fishing pole)

7. mdacc#one

mdacc#one Guest

Moslar, every item on your list can be referenced to quantity and shard in the sticky on top under Event items. You'll just have to go through them. As for the stories, that will take some time

8. TirNaNog

TirNaNog Guest

<blockquote><hr>

yes i understand your point this is just to confirm that items r still out there,just for uo history besides how cool r the names like a sword called stone bite or a mace weapon called hammer fist or a full bottle of hurrek"s house ale [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you mention it specifically, as it mentions on the Stratics history pages, the sword Stone Bite no longer exists. It belonged to one of my RL best friends. Unfortunately the character who was awarded the sword was deleted. According to Nugumi, the owner, it was equivalent to Silver Vanquishing (not sure who told her that) but since it never made it to AoS we never saw it's actual properties.

9. TheGwy

TheGwy Guest

10. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you mention it specifically, as it mentions on the Stratics history pages, the sword Stone Bite no longer exists. It belonged to one of my RL best friends. Unfortunately the character who was awarded the sword was deleted. According to Nugumi, the owner, it was equivalent to Silver Vanquishing (not sure who told her that) but since it never made it to AoS we never saw it's actual properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stone Bite was Shard Wide Seer Event, as most were, it still exists [​IMG]

11. TirNaNog

TirNaNog Guest

Oh, glad some still may exist then. That makes it tougher to track them all down though.

12. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

aye, tons upon tons are in chars banks on inactive accts:(

i think it was last year, someone posted here having a piece of the Corridgean's armor suit thats in the glowing orb, guy said it was in his bank and when they done the 14 day free thing to bring old players back he found it, not for sure if it ever made it to Gormach tho [​IMG]

http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/IA/LakeSuperior/LakeSuperiorIndex.shtml

this is a great page to see alot of old seer items and some description, the Glowing Orb its self is also a great place to see these items

13. TirNaNog

TirNaNog Guest

Yeah, thats exactly the page I was referring to. I guess I am just too Lake Superior focused to realize there may have been other Stone Bite swords on other shards. The Glowing Orb is a great asset to LS as it's kept many of our seer items on the shard.

14. champion of arena sash / ring of valor / sword of the champion on pac [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

16. Forgot -

Also Sword of Champion on Pac

Whispering rose collection
    -Whispering Rose From Beauty
    -Whispering Rose From Your Lover
    -Whispering Rose From The Heart
    -Whispering Rose From
    -Whispering Rose From Brittanian Garden (thanx to the rares festival)

17. <blockquote><hr>

Forgot -

Also Sword of Champion on Pac

Whispering rose collection
    -Whispering Rose From Beauty
    -Whispering Rose From Your Lover
    -Whispering Rose From The Heart
    -Whispering Rose From
    -Whispering Rose From Brittanian Garden (thanx to the rares festival)

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard the empty rose slot, i dont have a blank name....

18. <blockquote><hr>

Moslar, every item on your list can be referenced to quantity and shard in the sticky on top under Event items. You'll just have to go through them. As for the stories, that will take some time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, those are the basic facts, I here what you are saying. You do understand though the other information we need and all the pics of the items. Later on it would be so easy to keep adding to the quantity if one pops up off a non-paying subscription account. I get some more time here I can help someone on that thread and have this type of information sent to my inbox on stratics. Let me know if I can assist at this.

So yes I understand we have old prices, we have good shard info, and we have confusing quantity. That makes our sticky abit messy still. Thanx for listenin.

19. <blockquote><hr>

Also there are some out there that prefer to remain out of the limelight. You may be suprised what is stored in the house right next door

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT..

I knew a muesem on Legends that was probably stacked with amazing rares and old seer/event items. It was the biggest I've seen to date.

20. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

This is in essence what museum thread sticky if about - more or less. Feel free to catalog any of the newer museums. It is grossly outdated.

21. Tom, I see what your saying too but most museums dont have books explaining the story behind the event rare. If our event thread sticky looked like that Lake Superior link Trey showed us, it would be awesome to have the whole group of seasons on all shards like that.

22. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

Well, there are already resources like UOGuide available which would allow doing this in a systematic manner by anyone.

A nice way to do it would be to make a uoguide page for each item in the event list with a story and last known owners. Manticore can edit his post so that all the items in that thread with a uoguide page become a link.

23. <blockquote><hr>

Well, there are already resources like UOGuide available which would allow doing this in a systematic manner by anyone.

A nice way to do it would be to make a uoguide page for each item in the event list with a story and last known owners. Manticore can edit his post so that all the items in that thread with a uoguide page become a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah manticore, get to work! Thanx! Need any help let me know, I surely dont have all the pics but I'm sure we can start a nice collection of stories and pics, owners, and other things through this thread.

Thanx tom for allowing this.

24. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

It requires people who have been to events to go to uoguide and make an entry for anything that does not have one. Then they could PM manti with the link so that he can edit event post with a link for that item for which the page was created.

The hard part is getting people to make a page - not manti editing his post :p

Example 1

Example 2

25. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

having a story is one thing, but i think having pictures and such is a much more important thing, how many times do we see posts of ppl asking "what are the mods on it" .... "can i see a screeny"..... "whats is look like" etc etc, having each item in the events page turned into a link that showd a pic of the item would probably be one of the best things thats happened to this site in quite some time

26. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I fully support this idea. In fact, it is one of our really-long-term goals at UOGuide: have a page for every item ever.

I will be happy to give any admin-level support required for this.

27. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

having a story is one thing, but i think having pictures and such is a much more important thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything is better than nothing :p - Doing it on something like uoguide and then linking back to it allows multiple people to work on their own pace.