1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Item Decay Rates

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Luka Melehan, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Is there a list somewhere on what the decay rates of items are left on the ground?

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Its about two hours or so. Some things don't decay. Some things decay very quickly. Everything else, two hours.

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

3 hours, exactly. (for normal items)

uo.stratics.com front page, right side, under Miscellaneous section under "Decay."

4. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hey I was close...ish. :p

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yea, it's terribly inconvenient for Player-run event decorators. Have actually had to practice setting up to get maximum placement speed for some longer events that crunched for time.
    One nice thing about the new EMs is they're usually willing to lock stuff down for events.

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

So true! They have been fantastic on Europa.

8. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T Guest

Would be interested to, I lost about 1700ish items last week moving everything from my two smaller houses to my upgraded marble house, and I tried securing everything, but was about 2000 items over still, so while i was trying to organize and combine things etc, I realized 2-3 hours later about 20 boxes full of 100+ items went down to about 20-25 each, and I havn't really logged in much since then. Arties/PS's/weapons/armor/jewels. Ughhhhhh.

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Something to consider for events, or anything else, is if you pick up an item and drop it on a container it can't go in, like a runebook, it'll pop back to where it was with the decay timer reset.

10. zeroshade

zeroshade Guest

Stuffys Never Decay... I put on on the ground and it stayed there for 3 days before i picked it back up

11. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ya there are some wierd items out there. Friend grabbed a chair at an IDOC. It has moved about the house few times. Still there after 3 years.