1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Item Enhancement Question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by TheLetterQ, Oct 28, 2009.

1. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

OK. I made me a snazzy woodland gorget.

12/18/17/2/17

Imbued with Fire, Cold and energy resists.

The 18 and 17s are the shown caps for imbuing. Can I now enhance this with frostwood and bump by cold resist to 25? Or will it always fail?

Thanks,
    Q

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You can try to enhance - the question is will you succeed (as it's a fairly low success chance).

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

wishes there was a way to tell your exact chance to succeed when enhancing!

4. diff

diff Guest

5. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

But there IS a chance of success....that's what I was really asking.

The stuff to imbue this with is fairly cheap....so I could burn 100 or so gorgets to get the one I want. Which is no biggie.

Q

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes, what gets expensive is pofing them all up to 255 before trying to enhance them.
    i made some nice armor and broke them all.. then i decided to not pof them up and got a few nice pieces but only have low durability.. they will last awhile but not a long time :(

7. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I got bags of pof. Was going to do a merchant on them and then the market plumeted. Might as well use some of them.

Q

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The market for PoF is back now thanks to imbuing. Check around your shard but they went from roughly 40K per before SA to 100K+ after SA. Those are average prices I've seen on Atlantic. So you may want to be a little more conservative with your PoF stash. Just a thought.

-OBSIDIAN-

9. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Curious, anyone using a gargoyle to enhance? since they r supposed to get a bonus for enhancing