1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Item gone from vendor no gold added?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by The Doctor, Feb 28, 2015.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

I put my soulstone token on a vendor for 40 mil which was four mil cheaper than other. Did a vendor search after to confirm mine was still lowest price. So I know I didn't misprice it or the system didn't. Now the item is no longer on the vendor and no gold has been added to the vendor. This really concerns me, I shouldn't have to page a gm and wait a day to get this resolved as it should not happen in the first place!!!

2. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

apparently the last publish caused all sorts of delays. maybe it affected vendors too? have you checked again? let us know the outcome.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

Just checked again no change. Will keep updated. Talked to a guild member who mentioned same thing happened to her barbed kits last week, she figured she mispriced them. Like I said I checked price 40 mil , then double checked it was on vendor search for said price after. I am now refraining from putting large items on vendors until this is fixed.

4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's paid for. It's a number floating around in space, getting ready for the currency changes. This way, it doesn't have to convert, it already is :p

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

If only it was so. No change to the vendor gold still. I bought the token from the EA store so to me it's not like losing gold, I had ten dollars float off into the nether. I am fairly certain once my GM page is answered in a few days I will get the answer there is nothing they can do about it. So I am resigned to keeping large gold items off vendors for a while.

6. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

So many times I've seen things post on vendors to their default price. I've done it myself. I assume the person selling didn't want to sell an ethy for 6 gold pieces, lol. Not saying that happened but one needs to double check things when they price them. I've gotten a lot of great deals like Christmas Boxes for 2 gold pieces and stuff like that.

7. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

Damned vendors!!! Employee theft is one of the worst problems in the retail industry. :(

Honestly though, sorry for the loss. Hopefully it reappears...or at least the gold equivalent.

-Val'lyn

The Doctor likes this.
  8. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ive heard of this bug happening before, extremely rare but it does happen. remember nothing in UO is 100 percent secure at anytime.

9. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Apart from them (origin) taking their subscription fee. This always seems to work!

Smoot likes this.
  10. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

I triple checked, once the price gump was gone. It was sitting on there for 40 mil. I also did a vendor search and it showed up at said price as well as stated earlier. This would not upset me as much if it was a drop item, I bought this from the store for ten dollars decided I didn't need another soulstone atm. I doubt there is any action they could take if someone got it for free so to speak, my concern is that is just decayed like it was on the ground etc which could be an issue all it's own. So yes this makes me hesitant to put high price items on a vendor , the only way I could see this as having any hope of being resolved is years ago when you only had to wait an hour for GM assistance and they could handle it right away. Days latter trails go cold so to speak. I was not going to sit silent and not let other people know there is an issue that could bite them as well. The token was in soulstone token form and not the promotional token form if that makes any difference.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  11. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

Smoot was this with a drop item or a store bought item?Just curious if the problem is relegated items bought from the store or overall.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i think its just overall, i really dont know what may have caused it :( again very low chance to happen sorry you lost the gold. extremely frustrating.

13. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

I appreciate the sympathy as well as your returning to answer my small question. It was far more frustrating when it happened. My mind tends to focus on what caused it to happen more than the loss of the item. When one does everything right in a situation only to be met with random flaw that cause you loss. I tend to try to want to make sure it doesn't happen again. The old "It may have only been ten dollars but it was MY ten dollars". But overall this game is one I do love and has always provided my with endless hours of entertainment so I am not going to quit over one small bug, unless it becomes something that happens more than I care to think of. So mildly dissatisfied about this happening as well as being able to not seek an immediate assistance in game. But as a whole I have always enjoyed UO and will continue to do so.

14. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

glad you are keeping a positive outlook, and agreed really wish these things didnt happen.

Christina Kardos and The Doctor like this.
  15. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Stupid question.

What time of day did you claim the token and put it on the vendor? Is it possible it happened just before the shard went down and thus claiming itwasn't saved and ti wasn't on the vendor after server up?

Might try claiming the code again and see if it pops up?

16. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

The code was claimed days before, I was going to claim the soulstone but changed my mind and decided to sell. After it was placed on vendor I was logged in the whole time so I know there was no shard revert.

17. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I placed two of those tokens on my vendor at atl yesterday.
    I just checked it today and they were gone, and their sale gold was credited to my vendor.

Seems that you were hit by a rare occurrence that caused the gold to not be credited to your vendor. :(

18. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok..... so don't shoot the messenger..... but if this was on Atlantic......

Tonight in vent, I heard a story from a guildy about his irl brother (both have recently come back to the game after years away) that got the "best deal ever" while shopping alil over a week ago. They do not read Stratics nor did they even know about Stratics until I told him of your post. It appears that your soulstone token was indeed the cheapest.

The brother B went to price soulstone fragments because he was thinking of buying one. He had just reached the point where he could afford one. Brother A told me brother B had finally saved a few million and was looking to spend it. Brother B typed in "Soulstone token" then gawked in amazement and confusion when "Soulstone Token" for 40k showed up. Figuring it was a typo he immediately got a map and recalled to the vendor.

I don't know how many times u checked it or double checked it or IF it was even your token. I do know for certain the brother of a friend got one hellova deal on Atlantic alil over a week ago when he purchased a full soulstone token off a vendor for 40k. Either way, I'm sorry for your loss.

Christina Kardos likes this.
  19. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

Well when I did vendor search after placing item on vendor. The only other full token was 44 mil and mine was freshly listed right behind it at 40 mil with all the soulstone token fragments listed behind it for 2.2 mil around there so it was listed above fragments after placing on vendor. So could have been a possible pricing bug, you know how you gotta wait to buy after items are placed on vendor. Maybe it got bugged and dropped priced after becoming sellable cause after checking it on vendor set for 40 mil. Then after doing vendor search checking it was lowest priced full soulstone at 40 mil. Price may have bugged somehow dunno. But I for sure did not place it on there for 40k. As if I had it would not have read 40 mil on vendor then 40 mil on vendor search. If it was my token then unfortunately a game glitch caused it. Given the information your message has given me. I will now wait after double checking prices on high gold items, because it seems the glitch seems to be after the vendor makes items sellable which is usually 2 or 5 mins after item being placed and priced on vendor. Thank you as now I have a good idea of what happened and will take the time to watch for the glich. The reason why it has upset me so much is I double confirmed price was set at 40 mil gold once on vendor then on search. If I had mispriced said item it would not have shown up on search at 40 mil right below the one for 44 mil and above all the fragment tokens for 2 something mil. I had search set high to low so high items showed up first and top of list as this was a high priced item. I will just wait on all high items I sell for the vendor to change to purchasable on items to see if it glitches.

20. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

The token was in soulstone token form not legacy token form. It was placed on vendor last of all items so I could make sure price was set correct. I looked at price was correct, then double checked on vendor search still correct. Now what could have triggered the involuntary price change if the token was purchased for less. A bug where once placed on vendor it may loose price once item is allowed to be sold even after the price is set. Also I did use the EC feature toggle legacy containers after the vendor search. Re open the vendor then move things around in bag so those with classic client could browse threw and purchase items easier. Moving items around on a vendor does not cause a price change. But perhaps the toggle button to classic containers caused a glitch in the pricing of the item when I moved it. I had already done my price check on vendor with price gump closed as well as double checking on vendor search as well at that point. Then toggled to legacy re opened vendors and moved items without adjusting any pricing but if there was a glitch because of the toggle that effected price I did not re check after moving in legacy. So it is possible that this item may have glitched because of the legacy toggle. I would try to reproduce my actions repeatedly but as I do not feel the urge to purchase a legacy token change into soulstone token format then price toggle legacy re open and move to see if this does effect pricing in relation to said token. Perhaps one of the developers may one day take the time to test it. I for one would be grateful.

21. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Good deductions Dr. Hopefully this can narrow down exactly what happened and help fix it.
    At least we're fairly sure the item didn't decay and maybe on the road to getting this fixed for good.
    Again, I'm sorry about what happened.