1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Item ID

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Theo_GL, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As I slog through the gain process (70.6 and counting) I got to thinking about a couple of things :

1 - Gaining Item ID sux - alot
    2 - What if Item ID actually worked and provided a reasonable estimate the worth of an item?

There were calculators that used to try to pin down the value of armor and weapons. While imperfect - they did have a forumla and a system that was based on current values.

I just found it funny as I ID'd my virtue armor valued at 1700GP a piece or whatever that it was quite a bit off from reality.

2. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

make a uoa macro to item id an item, set the macro to a key and hold it down

3. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Changing targets helps does it not? I thought it was like picked boxes - once you failed to gain on one - you could not gain on it again until you got a gain from another one. I could be wrong.

Anyways, i don't have UOA. I know what you will say, but I just don't believe in paying someone else for things that should be part of the UO interface to begin. Its like getting extorted for EA's bad product.

74.0 and counting...

4. Zodia

Zodia Guest

You are wrong. :)

You can GM it off Item Id'ing the same item all the way from 0 to 100.
    I just did about 2 weeks ago.

And you don't need UOA.

Make a UO macro:
    -Use Skill > Item ID
    -Wait for Targ
    -Last Target

Attach the macro to your spacebar. Item ID your dagger or whatever. Hold down spacebar until you hit GM.

5. Demonous

or put a paperweight on spacebar :thumbsup:

6. calibek

calibek Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not to derail but I'm a little behind the times...what did they do to Item ID to make it a useful skill now?

7. Yalp

Yalp Guest

If you plan to do any Imbuing.. ie unraveling of items, the ID skill will now be able to help you determine what you will get when unraveled.... at least I think that's how it works.

8. Demonous

yup, tells u what u get, but i have a pile of stuff that i know im going to unravel no matter what so i dont need item id for those

9. Fink

Fink Guest

They ought to make it give a 20-50pt (at GM) bump to unravel value of an item, then it would be a worthwhile skill. As it is I have it on two characters only for the professional title (merchant). One of them will be my artifacer so he'll make use of it after all.. shame to lose the title after GM Imbuing though.

10. -=KLiM=-

-=KLiM=- Guest

You can train your skills and then lock 'em all but Item ID, then u'll retain your title, because the title is only shown for skills that are set to raise, and not locked / set down.

11. Fink

Fink Guest

Item ID only goes to 100, I want to take Imbuing to 120.

12. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

what if you create a farming artificer? hehe like a tamer and then lock their imbueing at a certain level whatever is needed to unravel items to get artifact relics make it .1 under that. Then unravel everything you get...the items you can't unravel are probably going to be keepers or at least you can now spend time actually looking at it...see we really don't have a use for Item ID.

13. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable

Oh,

so I need item ID if I want to know what I will unravel without doing some maths?
    I guess I cant squeese that in to template, so I need to bring my head when I play instead.
    :D

Regards
    The Scandinavian

14. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

I know you are all dying to know the progress of my skill gain - 92.1 and climbing.

I am not sure how useful it will be but I have room on my miner 2049er to add it (anyone get that reference?).

I'll soulstone frag it if it proves useless.

I have a .9 transcend scroll to hit up when I get to 99.1. Whee!

15. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable

Yeaaah,

go Theo,
    go Theo.

:danceb::danceb::danceb:

Regards
    The Scandinavian