1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Items from Shame.... Unravel fodder or Vendor stock?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Aelfric, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

So, I have been collecting these new SA artifacts from shame. I have no idea what they are worth. Last time I played they would probably be worth craploads of gold, but now they could be worth nothing more than the ingredients you would get from unraveling them.

I was hoping we could try and work together to decide which of these are which--unravel fodder or vendor stock. Some of you have lots of money and good loot and will probably look at all this and say "Hur hur this is crap, worth nothing." But its very easy to say that and very difficult to put a price on mid-range items and throwaways (a siege necessity for most). So, if you're up to the challenge, try and comment on some of these things.

If you think they should be unraveled say so, but if you think they could be thrown on a vendor, try and say what you think they are worth. Also, if you want any of these things, post what you think it is worth, and then say you're interested in buying it. Don't PM me about it, because there are others who might be curious about how to price some of these things as well. Keep it public.

Finally, if there are any general "rules of thumb" people use about pricing this type of stuff, I'd love to hear about it. For instance, is there anyone who stocks their vendor with some categorical price system like "major magic = 20k, major arti = 100k" or whatever.

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

As for me and my playstyle, I would unravel items 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10. Sure, some of them have "big" mods but with those combinations it would be of no use to me.
    However, 4 and 6 could be ok throwaway mage weps for PvM I guess depending on what other mods you have on your suit.

As for pricing, when I sell stuff like #9 I usually charge 5-10K per piece. That way a suit will cost no more than 100K to replace.
    I´ve seen stuff like that on vendors for up to 50K or so but IMO with Brittle and No Repair, 400-500K for a suit is too much.

Aelfric likes this.
  3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree. Soon I'll start another vendor with legendary stuff priced at 50k. Seems that's what legendary goes for.

4. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks. That's really helpful. I am not trying to hang onto this stuff waiting for "the perfect offer" or anything, and so I think you are right. 5-10k per useful piece of shame drop like #9 seems fair and affordable for newer players at least.

5. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Aelfric, I'm just wondering how much Luck you had when you got these items. Thanks for replying if you do.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you ever run across a clean shield (-luck ok) with 10% ssi and 15% or more DCI (any other properties are gravy)... I will give you my first born. :D

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I too say, try with 10k, then lower the pieces that do not sell to 5k or unraw if you are sure there will be relic on them.

I'm sure all the new players will be happy for your vendor, but if to cheap, some will buy it for unraw

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Id buy #7

9. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

As for what Freja said about relics, I am not sure if there is a way to be certain which item will give relics and which not, but I have gotta relics from some crap before.

Anyhow, I will bump again when the vendor is finally up.

10. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I had a 410 luck, btw. Sorry I didn't catch your post right away.

11. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Okay my vendor is up. I priced everything from 2k-8k, so if you saw something you wanted come and get it before all the NOOBS DO!

edit: My house is just outside umbra on the way to hub. Vendor Name: Shame 2-8k

#11 Aelfric, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Tjalle likes this.
  12. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

13. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Your posts are starting to look familiar ed. How's that deal with diablo workin out for ya?

Gerbiler likes this.
  14. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Of course its garbage, AKA throwaways, AKA 2k-8k cheap-o stuff of which I have sold quite a bit so far.

And, if you don't like it for now, keep looking because I put more stuff on there all the time. Pretty much anything I don't use myself, which is mostly everything i find, will go on there.

Stuff that doesn't sell will be marked down eventually. But I am hoping a lot of this stuff looks cheap already. I'd rather provide deals on usable stuff than turn a profit really.

15. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

He asked for opinions.
    Why would you even bring that up... Please post your own "Im butt sore thread" and keep it there.

16. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Sure, an opinion which is usually something constructive. Not a completely asshat remark like most of your recent posts. If you want me to start a new thread about how you are second only to diablo for most hated person on this shard I can do that. But I'll have to do it a tasteful manor. Or I could just simply pile on how much you bad mouthed how this shard was when you quit (how many times now?) Yes, if you haven't figured it out, I don't care for you. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll be letting know whoever reads these posts and hears your whining in GC (thank heavens for ignore) how constructive you are for the shard.

17. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

Im here and I play.... Next.
    Now please keep your hatred to your own threads.

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Settle down in here.

19. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Restocked to some extent. (been busy IRL, so restocks are minimal). There's a couple nice pieces on there. By nice, I mean cheap-o stuff. Useful, but not worth a bless. Check it out.

I'm not going to bump for every restock, but just wanted to confirm that I'm not going to abandon my cheap-o vendor. Already made a good amount with it so far. So look at it once and a while.