1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Items Purchased Items By Suppodesly TRUSTED Rares Community Member COnfirmed "EM CREATED"

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Deaol, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Just wanted to pass on information i recently received by Messana.

The following items I purchased below were confirmed to have been EM CREATED and not authentic pieces.

I purchased some shipwrecked double (blessed) foot wear items from these two members

Bon Iver (icq 648822278)
    Wolf Master (icq 629119631)

The items in question

Sandals Recovered from a Shipwreck (blessed)
    Boots Recovered from a Shipwreck (blessed)
    Thigh Boots Recovered from a Shipwreck (blessed)
    Shoes Recovered from a Shipwreck (blessed)

The items were purchased from the previous Atlantic's Rares Fest on the vendor below in a screenshot. Also purchased via ICQ with Wolf Master.

THREAD of sale:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/prepatched-double-blessed-shipwreck-footwear-set.298374/

Wolf Master and Bon Iver are either the same person or related/friends as I recieved an icq from wolf master after the sale stating he was "bon iver" .. anyways I didnt pay much attention to it at the time but after I found out the footwear was frauded I started to put the pieces together.

#1 Deaol, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  2. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

She was at my house to correct an issue and I showed her my collection, she instantly said that the footwear shipwreck items were EM Created. I have only purchased these specific items from those two individuals.

I cant imagine what else has been made.

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Let's keep in mind Bon Iver may have purchased the items from someone else. There's really no way of knowing what happened here.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Also I wonder if Mesanna might chime in for us and let us know if there's a way to identify such items ourselves. Seems odd that she randomly ID'd some items....

Lord Nabin likes this.
  5. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

6. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

I'm relatively new here, so I am not quite sure what "EM Created" means. Is it that the Event Moderators created the items, but aren't supposed to, or does EM stand for something else?

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think he is referring to is that Mesanna said they were created by an EM outside the EM Events. An' I agree with Flutter. We'd have to search past history, but the two individuals in the original post might have been fooled as well.

Lord Nabin and Kolka like this.
  8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I'm going to lock this to avoid it becoming a witch hunt. It may be re-opened briefly if/when the situation is clarified.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  9. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi guys,

Yes I can look at items we make and tell if it was created by us. I can also tell you that everything is watched carefully. You can ask any of the EM's about this, EM's that step out of line do not get second chances if they abuse the program they are removed. It not only makes the EM program look bad it makes every EM that has worked hard for UO for going on these past 5 years very upset. We all take pride in what we are doing here and it upsets every one of us for this type of thing to happen.

Mesanna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.