1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Items stuck in a box, illegal or not?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by ohmyGED, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

Over the past year or so, I've seen the following items for sale, stuck in a box, usually over 200+ stones:

Water Tiles
    Marble Columns
    Lanterns
    Bust
    Statues
    Hanging Armor

I remember a long time ago that these were considered "illegal" .... does this still hold true for this list, as I checked EA and saw that some of the items mentioned in fact were.

Can someone clarify please?

Thank you!

2. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

As far as I know all are currently legal EXCEPT the water tile. Those are a bannable offense if you don't give them up.

3. shulginist

shulginist Guest

I know the water tiles are illegal but the lanterns, busts and statues aren't.

4. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

If the item blocks movement...it is illegal.

5. Serious curiosity - what does blocking movement have to do with an item's legality?

6. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

maybe he means breaking the box, like the stretched hides? cause people use to break them and block moongates and whatnot.

7. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

Well i'm not sure if blocking movement makes sense --- I've seen those marble columns placed at locations and not removed

8. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

I too have seen this, and I have also seen items removed due to blocking movement. I suppose like all things UO, it depends on the GM.

9. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

if you page a GM they will remove any item that is stuck to the ground do to the force spawn trick, some will even replace them back into the box for you so you can replace it, I'm thinking none of these are illegal, players have been selling statues (the bigger ones) stuck in a box for quite some time now.

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't think they are illegal.
    You do run a risk of someone paging a GM and the GM removing the item though. They are sorta a delete-on-request sort of thing.