1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Items that Block Placement

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by ejpeters, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Make sure that when you attempt to place a home that you look all over the plot for items that might block placement.

I almost gave up on placement but instead took a char to Fel to see if the house was placed in the same spot there. I found a keep placed in the same spot and I went over the plot section by section with a small 7 x 7 home to see what area was blocked.

I found an old pot of stew that looked like a round mushroom on the ground and the stew was blocking placement. I was lucky and got a GM who was nice enough to move the stew and the keep immediately placed. So make sure you use control shift and check each small section of the plot to find the blocking items.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yah, that stew can be a bugger... but maybe in this case it worked to your advantage, maybe someone else tried to get that keep spot and simply gave up ;) congratulations on your new home!

3. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That's what I was thinking because it looked as if an 18 x 18 was there before.

4. I saw stew today on Sonoma, a really nice place, but the GM would not come and remove it, so I left it.

5. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That is just rediculous. Undecaying Stew is just another black eye on the new Dev's whether they were part of the coding or not. They should know that it does nothing for them not to help remove it. I have had 3 GM's get rid of it for me so i could place but that was over 5 months ago.

6. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well you should go and recheck the spot because the message was that they could not help me with the issue but the stew was removed.
    I assumed that they did not remove it but when I looked down it was gone.

7. still there

[​IMG]

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You got a dumb GM, page again at a different time when you have some time to wait around and get them to remove it. I think you can put the coords in your page and they'll go take care of it.