1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

It's been ~15 years...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by LordBog, Sep 17, 2015.

1. LordBog

LordBog Visitor

It's been ~15 years since I've played UO and have never played anywhere but SP. I bought the game the day before SP went live and figured I'd like to start fresh like everyone else. Used to play on dial-up and quit when I got satellite internet and never picked back up after that.

Was Shadowclan Orc mostly... I figured out there gone already... :(

Anyway, as someone who's missed the last 15 years or so of the game is it pretty much the same as I remember?

Silent Singer likes this.
  2. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Wow! Cool. Welcome back. Things are going to be different for sure. Equipment, pets, skills, dungeons, population, housing, the list goes on, but there is still a lot of fun here. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

3. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

unfortunately the Shadowclan Orcs and most other RP-PK guilds are gone. The population is not nearly as dense as you might remember it especially given the huge ammount of landmass that was added over the last 15 years. Many things have changed, most of all UO has become a game where you don't have to rely on the community anymore at least not as much as years ago. With the right template you can solo most of the important monsters or spawns. I guess the most important change would be that UO has become rather item based after the "Age of Shadows". Despite all the changes it is still fun. I returned last year after several years off and somehow I got drawn back into the game. If you need any kind of help (equipment, technical questions, whatever...) let me know and I'll try to help you get up to speed!

kelmo likes this.
  4. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

oh, and most importantly: who were you in Shadowclan? :p

5. LordBog

LordBog Visitor

Name was just Bog, was the 100th Grunt. What I liked best was the lack of being item based, dying and starting over with nothing but a knife. So now things remain with you through death? a

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome back Bog. It's not the same game now, but give it a chance

7. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

No, items do not remain with you after death apart from the one item you can Siege bless (for warriors a weapon usually). The old minimalist approach doesn't really work anymore unfortunately. However, there are certain templates that could be considered "naked" templates because they also work ok without items (skills like spellweaving, chivalry, spirit speak etc.). I think Tanagar runs a template like that if I remember correctly.

8. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well, the game is now heavily designed for no item loss, and we have item loss except for being able to bless one item. It can make gearing a pain especially if you pvp.

Bo Bo likes this.
  9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Siege players will use and abuse items most players on other shards scoff at. Cursed items you can't bless or insure is just an item here. Brittle? Who cares. The typical Siege suit is easier to obtain. We know we may lose it through no fault of our own. If yer gonna come back. Choose Siege.