1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Its close to 18 years of friendship since i went into beta in '97 - now i have to say goodbye...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mandrake of DF, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if i grew too old or the game grew too young for me.. mayhaps both.

I had a ball and I was addicted for a decade, but now that is gone. I thank all the developers and all players i met along it.

I have a lot of good memories, friendships and tears - i would not be without them, and I thank them all for being a part of my life. Its sad to see them vanish one by one, and im only a few of my initial list...the pigeons died on the way....

The list of names that i grew friendship with is long, so i will spare u that - i will only thank the developers for making this a addicted game, that i kept so close for so long time.

I will be keeping my main account alive a while - but i dont think i will be more in game. It has been 6 months now without me wanting to log in, and the devs dont give me any reason to do either.

So, now i will head to my cabin that is buried with 5 meters with snow, and i will have a ball trying to dig a tunnell to the entrance... Hasta la Vista!!!

G.v.P, Flagg, whiterabbit and 2 others like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Adios... May you find joy in whatever you do. As always though many of us will be here when you return.

Not sure I will be here though... depends on the upcoming "bug" fix. Now that I know I'll never have a graphics fix which I'm EXTREMELY disappointed about... I too am giving serious thought to "moving on"... I think I spend more times on the forums than in the game anymore.

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We will be around if you ever want to visit.

4. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Blame it on the devs eh?...
    Cya!

OREOGL and cazador like this.
  5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Goodbye, hopefully we will see you again one day.

6. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Och neee ... not good news.
    But well, there remains nothing than to wish you good luck on the way.
    Even if we met rather rarely ingame, I will miss you.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand
    AKA Nightblade, Botschafter der Gilde der Freiheit [GdF], Drachenfels

Eaerendil likes this.
  7. mysty

mysty Seasoned Veteran

I don't know what to say .....
    I will miss you !

Mystery of Drachenfels

Eaerendil likes this.
  8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Whaaaaat?! Maybe the devs don't need to give a reason. I mean you are paying for the game but not logging in. Surely the devs LOVE this type of customer the most as it's money for nothing.

It's sad to see a player go. I agree about that. I'd love to see some pictures of 5 metre snow as that sounds insane! We had a tiny amount here but not really worth a mention. Stay safe.

9. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

I feel that a lot of the old skool UO players either no longer log in or are on their last legs with UO. I see UO dieing faster this year than any other year. I have not logged in for over 8 months. No updates, no new content to speak of

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  10. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

Unfortunately, I am seeing the same thing. Although the loot upgrade helped bring some excitement to parts of the game, I too fear UO is on a downhill slide. :( But I will be here until the end!!!!!) Hopefully the game will end when I am about 60 or so, and I would be forced to spend more time with my MUCH younger, SMOKIN' HOT, girlfriend. Oh well, a guy can dream!

hungry4knowhow and Uriah Heep like this.
  11. Spock's Beard

Now just imagine if they took the time they've wasted on minigames and pointless crap over the last couple years and spent a couple patches giving us a reason to do actual content and stuff more.

Like take the time wasted on Refinements and turn that into a set of rare statuette mounts and other rewards, scattered across the various peerless and bosses, designed to drop more often the more people are in your group.

But we can't have that. That would get people out doing game content and playing with other people and stuff. They've got important things to add like that stupid worthless huntsman crap. This pack of devs really is running the game into the ground.

DJAd likes this.
  12. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I can't help but be reminded of all the PM's I recieved telling me to lay off the team over the last 5 years, clearly not related to the OP but still.

GL Mandrake with what you find to fill the time.

13. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

I will personally remember Mesana for totally destroying Faction PvP. Everything was fine until she allowed the current team to change how the faction armour was gained and caused a lot of the PvPers to leave. The VvV system was allowed to be designed by Tramies and very few real PvPers again this had to be a Mesanna decision. Worst Dev team in UO history.

14. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

Best of luck to you. Come on over to ESO--it is what UO could have been:)

15. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

16. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Sorry to hear you´re leaving, Mandrake.

Take care and have fun in that other realm.

17. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

I will miss you, Laura! Your avatar was the sexiest around! You are a decent, honest and friendly guy, everyone could rely on. I bet, you will come back - as I am doing every now and then. Sometimes we need a break of 4 weeks, sometimes of 3 months, sometimes of a year. But it would be sad to know you would never come back, my friend! [email protected]!