1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

its getting about time for the great purge!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Poo, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

ive always had a full roster of characters on every shard for collecting gifts but ive recently noticed that my bank is full on almost all of my guys.
    i think ive hit the time in my game play where the great purge will need to be mounted.
    when you have near 175 items that are all gifts of some sort its time to clean the old bank out.

looks like everyone is getting a new turn in suit for christmas!

[​IMG]

startle and Victim of Siege like this.
  2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

wouldnt it be easier just to delete those characters and make new ones ;)

old gypsy likes this.
  3. Poo

but but but they have shiny pixilated stuff!

startle, Faenwen, drcossack and 2 others like this.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I know how you feel.... but I've done a lot of Xshard trading over the years.. so some aren't as full as others. And more and more I transfer that stuff back home to throw away for points. If points were account bound and it didn't matter "who" threw them away I'd probably be more inclined to throw stuff in the trash.... but since it's "per character" I only throw stuff on 2 basic characters... one on Siege and one on GL's. So takes me a while to go back and forth to various shards and bring it home to toss out. I don't want a few random points on a few random shards. I want the points on GL so I can get and use the nice dyes and such... but yeah it's a slow process.

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As for deleting characters.... Nope can't do that. I have some that are just totally ancient. Some with some of the dumbest names and such *not named by me... on "inherited" accounts. So yeah .... Just can't bring myself to delete some of them.

startle likes this.
  6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I just give all my extras to the lucky person who decides to trade holiday gifts with me that year...I usually end up getting just as much or more on my home shard. Some lucky person got a gift box with a soulstone token in it from 2009? Just a shard I guess I never traded on that year....so I say give give give...and you shall receive in abundance and still get all the trade-in points and then some that you would have gotten had you kept it all for yourself :)

startle and MalagAste like this.
  7. MalagAste

I do XShard trade but not on every shard. Some shards I don't speak the language makes it a tad more difficult but not impossible. Though I just mostly trade with those I know or who get referred to me. Been burned once or twice .... makes me a tad leery about trading with over eager folk. But for the most part it's been good made some wonderful friends by trading.

But yeah I have tons of stuff everywhere. Some shards more than others though my current goal is almost reached to have a transfer shield to every shard. Only a few more to go and I'll have reached my goal. By my estimation I should have them all by this time next year. Should be fun then. Will take me a whole lot longer to finish my other goal of having a fully functional tamer on every shard. But I'll get there someday. One must always have goals you know. I'm looking forward to a bit of downtime from all the grinding and gifting and such... get back to work on skills, T-Hunting and fishing.

startle likes this.
  8. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

I have every shard shield now I have a castle half full of that 'stuff'
    Now I'm getting picky with that I get and what I take home.

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Poo dont be a ninny.... pick out what you want at home and do a run with they shields and sell off what is worth selling and deposit the rest in the circular file in town. The points add up... and you can sell the rewards from the points....
    And you can also do your christmas shopping for friends in game from your vast storage...

10. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

If your bank is 175 full you still have 125 left for your back pack :)

Keep on going

11. HippoRedux

HippoRedux Adventurer

If you have firefly xmas deeds from back in the day, choose them, you get 500-800ishxtra turn in points from each firefly

MalagAste likes this.
  12. Poo

ah but that is where you can get stung when they bring in an event where ya have to GO get the reward for your guy, so you truck in there with a pack full of christmas and valentines and anniversary gifts and die!
    thats how they get ya!

Bannon and startle like this.
  13. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you decide to get rid of any Horn of Plenty's I know someone that is still trying for coffee plants! Hehe

I am in the same situation with my dozen+ accounts that are almost all full on other shards. I also can't delete characters someone else made on my "inherited" accounts.

14. Poo

@SugarMMM PM me or icq me, while i dont want to give away any of my horns ill gladly farm them for a couple plants if you tell me what shard, as long as the horns are still recharging that is, and i think they are.

15. MalagAste

I've renamed a few but I seriously can't seem to delete some that I can tell were created at the dawn of UO... Many who started with 100 gold in the bank... Another lot who began with some "practice" weapons.... and such. Quite a number with "newbie" blessed stuff. Makes me very leery of just deleting someone.

16. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Delete???? no no no....
    Luck will be that one will be the only that has/had something you needed or could do someting like was co owner only to someplace