1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I've been gone awhile: Where do these come from?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zodia, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Hello UOers! I've been gone for over 2 years from the game, finally felt the pull to return and as I was exploring last night I found a couple things I was wondering about and hoped someone could update me on:

1. Where do these Scrolls of Trancendence (that add skill points) come from?

2. What are (replica) items?

2. What happened to Haven?? How do I get into the area that is blocked off?

Thank you for your help. If there is anything else you want to add, I would most appreciate.

2. 1. They are rewards from killing the spawn at any of the champ sites, Tokuno, Felucca, or Ilsh. The more you kill the better the odds of getting them.

2. http://www.uoguide.com/Replica

3. http://www.uoguide.com/New_Haven

3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Fighting Champion Spawn monsters. You can get 0.1-0.5 scrolls from Trammel ruleset spawns, and 0.6-1.0 scrolls from Felucca ruleset spawns.

Copies of old event items. You can get them by aiding in defeating a Champion Spawn (killing the monsters or the Champion will give you a chance at getting one when the Champion dies).

Blackrock go BOOM. Old haven go *crumble*. New Haven go *teleport in from future*.
    You get into the blocked off area by started a new character using the KR client.

4. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I didn't know this. Why did they do that?

5. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I didnt know that either.. they start new characters in Old Haven in KR??

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

the blkocked off area is where the Dark Knight is ... once (in KR) you get to the point you think you can challenge him, do so. If you lose allegedly your corpse becomes rooftop deco on the necro tower.

7. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think he may be referring to the Dark Knight challenge available only to new characters created in KR.

8. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Because the only purpose the area has is to teach people how to use the client. It's a very, very short tutorial that teaches players how to walk, use items, fight monsters, use the radar, use hotbars, die, and get resurrected.

9. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yea 'cause.. none of that happens in the 2D Client!?

*shrugs*

~Rai

10. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Thanks for the info! I hate the KR client but I may have to use it just once to go there because I have been interested in what's in that area forever!

11. Aboo

Aboo Guest

HAHAHAHA! That was my thought too!

12. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Its one of the carrots they dangle in front of you to get you to try KR. Start a new char in KR and when ready you can challange the dark knight in the blocked off section of old haven. If you win you get a prize. If you loose you have to wait x number of days before you can challange him again.

13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you're on Europa, give me a shout. I'll be happy to guild you til you get on your feet again, then you have folks to chat to, ask questions of, etc etc. Drop me a PM if you're interested :)

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think they decided to make 1 single tutorial that can cater to newbies and existing 2d'ers that wish to try out the KR client. Although it's pretty short, without it, it'd probably take me alot more time to learn how to use it.

Eg the radar is alot more zoomable and shows you where your corpse is and where the NPC healers (and other NPCs) are. It also has configurable options to show waypoints/gates/towns/dungeons/full world map (if you zoom out far enough, you'll also see the Green Acres/T2A/Heartwood area like UO Automap).

Hotbars are pretty nice too, can be used to emulate Stats/Gold/Weight/Regs display like UOA.

Besides the stuff from defeating the Dark Knight, you also get a "Worn Katana". It's a katana with no magic propeties except -60% requirements.

15. Ya that really pissed me off when they did that for KR only.

16. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It does happen in 2D... but KR didn't start with anybody who knew how to use anything.
    Also... it's very, very strongly focused on using the Radar and Hotbars, which are not in 2D.

It would be nice if time allowed them to create a 2D tutorial as well... but it would be much harder. You can't cause the UI elements to flash, you can't direct them straight to a healer or quest giver with a standard UI element. Nothing about 2D makes it easy to create a tutorial for, or to learn without already being used to the style and/or having somebody who is used to it standing over your shoulder.

17. Jhym

Jhym Guest

It's nothing super spectacular. I was trying to guide my sweety through it over the phone when he tried UO, but he's too used to WoW.

He constantly kept asking me when he could use the 3D client. And he kept getting lost, the tutorial isn't really that helpful honestly. So he finally logged out with my character waving at him from outside and that was that.