1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ive Been Told (Goron)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Elmer Fudd, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

You made a post about me going back on something I said

But I dont mind the boards and I will discuss things like an adult, I do not feel im able to acomplish that with you, that is why ive put you on ignore up untill now, I dont feel the need to downgrade or be hostile to people on these boards to get my point across and Ive made a tremendous effort at doing so, and even tried with you, but thats impossible, anything I say or post, you put a twist on it to try and call me a liar at every chance, this is the board pvP that I feel is bringing this forum down, the constant and relentless character assasiantion tactics are what bring the shard down, If you want to discuss something like an adult, im more then willing, if you want to maintain a light hearted aproach with me, I will do the same, If you want to hardcore board pvP, there are plenty in KoC that will entertain you, I wont,

But please, quit trying to make me out to be a liar all the time, when is enough, enough with you? it gets old...

Try and enjoy the Game called UO, go out and play more, the shard needs more player activity and less board pvP from all, that would be a novel idea...

P.S I patiently await your response, and see how you handle this adult like conversation

2. Turtle

Turtle Guest

This coming from a guy who acts like a spoiled little 2 yr old in vent when he dies and acts equally childish over icq?
    Maybe you have a different idea of what an adult should act like? I don't think an adult would icq someone yelling, calling them names for 35 minutes just because they died with nothing of value on but shoot what do I know.

:coco:

3. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Your brutalization of the english language and the poor grammar skills that go with it are speaking volumes about you and your capacity for rational thought.

HINT HINT it is called a period. The use of a comma shows some signs of higher mental capacity, yet the complete lack of periods tells me you are living a dream life of ignorance.

Furthermore, the period key on your keyboard does not seem to be broken because twice you used the ... .

What really boggles my mind though is after your first and last sentences the period is completely gone and you ended your run on sentence with a comma!

Your consistent grammatical error using only the period is rather interesting. It is almost like you have totally blocked out the correct usage of this individual punctuation for this post.

Maybe you were absent the day they taught you how to use a period?

:confused:

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Mr X, I could care less what you think of how I write. what does that have anything to do with my post to Goron? nothing!

you seem like an extremly angry person man, ease up!
    Its a game

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Is that your canned response to eveything? because you were in vent with me and Never heard me scream or freak out when I died, this is what you have to resort to? if this is how you need to get attention, thats cool

have fun Big d

6. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Translation: I, Mr. X am a ****ing dip****. Thanks.

7. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

You forgot a comma, I put it in for you!

8. Goron

Goron Guest

[​IMG]
    :lol:

9. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

And what does this post have to do with the price of wheat?

This is an example of a troll boys and girls, don't let it happen again.

10. Mr X

Mr X Guest

This is an example of a moderator on a power trip boys and girls, don't let it happen again.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thin ice.

This is a message board, not an English class. Perfect spelling and grammar are neither a requirement nor an expectation.

I happen to have a reasonable command of both, however in posting here my usual style is to keep it simple and succinct. Attempting to appear learned through use of an abundance of long, and less commonly used, words has a tendency to be counter productive and may alienate your audience.

I recommend that a few others follow my example. KISS is a good rule of thumb in many situations.

12. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

[​IMG]

No it isnt, you just got knocked the hell out by the mods for trolling thats all!!

Its funny, go with the flow, its all happened to us, your prolly a good guy IRL, just relax and enjoy the game

13. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Speaking of needing to get attention please refer to this thread and every other thread you make once a week claiming to be an adult looking for rational conversation. If you keep posting it, maybe someone will eventually believe you. :hug:

You have infact gone kicking and screaming in vent after dieing, to the point of logging out of vent and throwing your computer at the wall. Sure Elmer your not as bad as Sakie, the king of all vent cry but your far from being able to start threads like this. Pot meet Kettle. :coco:

14. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Petra, what is there to troll? this whole thread seems as if its a troll... Might as well lock it and hand out... :yell:

15. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I was thinking the same thing, Puff!

16. Goron

Goron Guest

ditto... thats why I responded with an appropriate image.
    TnT knows drama. We are exposed to it everyday...
    Nearly impossible to avoid k0c's drama when they start three new troll posts every day.

If elmer REALLY wanted to have a 'civil' one on one discussion with me he woulda done it on ICQ or via PMs... its obvious he is just trying to illicit negative responses by posting publicly on the boards.

Its funny...
    Elmer's post obviously intended to instigate a trolling response (from me likely, but got the first one from X). The mods even declared X's post a a troll...
    I would say that Elmer's post definitely fits the bill... not only did it encourage attacks and intend to insult, but it actually received attacks... I wonder when the mods will start cracking down on the troll OPs rather than the responses to the OPs... by definition the only reason a negative response occurs is because it was encouraged by the original troll...

I've got nothing to be afraid of... all my infractions and deleted posts are responses to k0c troll threads. I don't start **** on my own, I only play the game once it gets started.

17. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

In some ways, I would agree with you here. However, here is the way it was explained to me...

The Siege board is allowed a little more room for trash talking and board pvp. Therefore, the original post is okay. You see the title, you see the posters name and you chose to click or don't click.

Now, obviously some of you found the thread to be of value cause you came, read it and responded. Most of the replies negative or postive are part of that board pvp and are not trolls either.

However, the post in question did not add to the discussion, did not even pertain to the topic, and was a personal attack on someone's lack of grammatical skills. It was pointless and rude.

18. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The simple answer is we won't consider the OP a troll. You have the chance to read or not read the thread. If you take the bait, thats your choice. I'm not messing with the OP unless its a personal RL attack.

However, replies to the OP may be trolls if they have nothing to do with the OP.

However, if I'm interested in what the thread has to say, and I want to read the discussion, I should not have to wade thru off topic personal attacks to enjoy the discussion. Those are the posts that will be dealt with.

19. Goron

Goron Guest

I am curious what you are doing in this thread at all then?
    It was clearly directed to me, Goron. You have no part in this thread, feel free to leave now.

Oh, you say you do have a reason to be in this thread? checking for 'personal RL attack'?

so X's viscious, cruel, hurtful attack on Elmer's ****ty grammar was a personal RL attack that had nothing to do with the thread? I disagree, Elmer discusses civility and being an adult in his post- proper grammar is directly tied in with civility- deny that and you are a lost cause.

While, Elmer's post was NOT an attack, on me?
    lets see....

whats that say? he is directly, non-disputably calling me childish. period.

whats this say? hes not accusing me of constant and relentless character assassination tactics is he? he is not accusing me of being a purely negative influence to the board/shard is he? noooo... of course not!

and
    I dare you to tell me thats not bait.

As I said, the OP should have been done via PM. He intentionally chose not to because he is trying to stir the pot and cause drama. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

20. Goron

Goron Guest

I would only benefit form you starting to crack down on the actual trolls.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again-
    look at the OP of all the threads gone bad: 90% are started by k0c.
    Any troll posts I make are in response to an existing troll thread by k0c. If that original thread never existed there would be no troll responses. period.

Either let us play or don't let us play- I can roll either way.

21. Mr X

Mr X Guest

My point exactly Goron. Elmer wishes to come off sounding like he is an adult and mature yet his posts look like they are written by a third grader. I am a horrible typer, but at least I can look over my post before I send it and see all the red squiggles under my words and fix them. And use a period correctly...

22. Goron

Goron Guest

nah, he was too excited to 'discretely' continue his board pvp to actually take any time with his 'civil and adult' post.
    Pity we are too SMRT for him and can see through his poor attempts at using the "I'm the bigger man" concept to secretly attack me.

I mean really, look at the thread "Voodoo and crew"- Tide, the notorious NON BOARD PVPER starts a thread asking to buy stuff back... what does elmer turn it into? .... LOCKED.

He trys to act all 'hey, take it easy man, its just a game' while inserting personal attacks by changing X's name (something that has been told is not allowed LONG AGO MANY TIMES so he has no excuse to do it as a mistake) while saying things like
    wow... elmer sure is a great guy!
    lol
    at least I don't pretend to be self righteous while masking personal attacks and troll bait.:lick:

23. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I hear your point Goron. But I go by how the admins have determined things at present time. If that changes, so will I.

As far as what am I doing in the thread? The same thing everyone else is, reading and laughing at how childish people can be over a game.

Oh, and looking for violations as I was asked to do.

24. Goron

Goron Guest

roger that-
    I'll be sure to stop replying to troll threads with my own devised hateful personal attacks, and rather just start new threads instead :coco:

25. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Please note the text in bold. If this is indeed true, I have some infraction points that should be removed. I believe you have access to my "history". Please investigate this matter and see that the issue is corrected.

Please note that I have left out the details, as I feel it wouldn't be prudent to discuss in detail, but the infraction does match the subject matter you are outlining. Would it be possible, by chance, to trade these points in for my very own kitty cat smilie? :D

Perhaps this one? [​IMG]

26. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just looked, dont see any infractions in which you were the OP. Feel free to PM me the details of it.

27. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Will do!

28. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Elmer in a nut shell. No Elmer attack will go without a poorly hidden boost to his own character. Why he needs to build himself up while putting others down is pretty clear to most everyone. If he keeps writing it eventually he will believe it, but we won't.

29. Goron

Goron Guest

D, i can't believe you would be so childish and immature and stupid and you're dumb to accuse the kind, adult, civil Elmer like that. He is so much more of a man than you because you are so childish and immature and you take the game too seriously and you are so full of hate and you smell you pooface. Why can't your immature hate filled self be civil and mature like I am being in this post? I am just trying to have fun playing the game why do you have to be so evil and mean and immature unlike me. Just play the game and don't post here because you are immature and incapable of holding a civil private conversation on a public forum, unlike me, that's why I am posting here, because I am an adult. Here, let me toss out some light-hearted smilies so you don't think I am just veiling attacks on you in this post under the guise of me being mature: :hug::love::thumbup1::thumbsup::danceb:This post shows just how mature I am, I mean really, I am taking the time to talk down to you, that's how mature I am!!!!

(This is my best attempt at trying to be adult like Elmer does:D I even made it all one paragraph- but my childish immaturity prevented me from using poor spelling and bad grammar, sorry).

EDIT: Oh, also, if you reply to this post to defend yourself, you are trolling.

30. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I once went to Brookfield Zoo and saw monkeys flinging feces in a manner such as this...

31. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That sums it up beautifully...

This is going no where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.