1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ive given in the that spamming guy

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Nov 23, 2009.

1. That should be TO that spamming guy

What a joke.
    43 pages.
    Hes or shes on 24/7 with newbie account

Spams their website in Luna.

EA cant do a thing about it.

Ive decided to join them. Its like some strange psychological think. Maybe its mind control. After seeing them for weeks and weeks over and over. I must join them.

Whose with me!

okay fine....

Maybe write a patch that doesnt let the consective string of letters that spam the site show.

2. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They know how to ban that guy perminately so that he cant log in.. but they choose not too...

Its EA, go figure.

3. Doesnt make sense either.
    Loser is on temp accts, its not like hes on a paying acct!

Cmon EA/Mythic.......ban the bum!!

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Do they? If you mean ban the IP that won't work as its been said many many times.

5. hungry4knowhow

Stratics Veteran

Exactly, they do ban by IP, but this guy uses proxy so it looks like hes coming from all over the world. Its near impossible to permanently ban someone. If they want in bad enough they will get in.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You sure they actually ban by IP?

But we wouldn't really know since banning an IP to prevent a person from ever returning doesn't really work, lol.

7. Thats why Im joining him. Nothing can be done. He wins. He beat the system. He abuses TOS. He makes money off UO. He flaunts it. Nothing can be done.

Im going to dress like him and cheer him on. No I wont mention the site as I cheer.

Paging doesnt work. It really ruins a bit of game play for me. Tired of seeing him as I spam to sell pumpkins and such.

Ah well... Ive been brainwashed.

8. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I said in a previous post, you can't beat them, so you might as well Join them. Or do I as did, and simply stop complaining, or...did I actually join them ? hrm???

9. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Bsnning by IP can work.. and proxy's can be seen though... But I wasnt talking about that. I'm talking about banning the mac address of his network card...

10. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just filter them out in the uo paperdoll menu and move on. I did that and was instantly happy. If he/she wants to waste their time doing that or running a script to do it, so be it. More fun for me to go and play and not agonize over silly meaningless things. GM's know about it; they can choose to let it go on and on.

11. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

um, how would this work? the only thing the mac address is for is lan networks.. it does nothing for PPP.

banning IPs dont work either because you can just 'generate' a new one..

plus banning emails dont work because you can open up a new one..

the ONLY thing that will work is getting rid of the free trial accounts.. witch they should do anyway...

you should have to BUY the CD and use the CODE to create an account like you used to have to do.. this will keep alot of the junk house holding, spamming accounts from existing.

if you want a free trial account you should have to get one from a paying customer.. each paying customer could get 1 a month to give away. then if they get caught spamming its a paying account that gets in trouble.

12. EA can control this by simply making the creation of a new account require a credit card or a gametime code that was bought with a credit card and then ban the credit card. One simple change can give the GMs the tool to put a stop to this crap.

Well, if GM's actually did anything it would...

13. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

Yeah, but it does no good if the scum uses a faked or stolen credit card. :(

You gotta think as rotten as the scum your dealing with. I know from expirence I had my identity stolen and the scumwad took out 6 credit cards and ran up 13 grand in fraudulent charges. The scum never did a minute in the slammer for it either.

I do know with ip trace you can trace it right back to his computer terminal if he has a hi-speed conn. What EA could do is have his ip blacklisted as a spam spewer but he has to break the law to get blacklisted.

*SIGH* The law just hasn't caught up with technology.

14. GWAR_LS

GWAR_LS Guest

Yeah join them so U can be a POS too. Maybe then u can go out and raid little newb guilds with them, that die faster than the champ. And think ur so cool, it might keep u off the stratics board for a night or two maybe more. Depending on your depressing loanly life or super lack of morals.

People dont play the game for how it was meant to be. I hope one day they do somthing to turn this around. It is most definately the sadest state of fun it has been in. Maybe its just cause i used to like to pvp. But hey I have alot of Turkeys too kill.

btw watch you @$$ around them they might find the whole

15. Nails

Nails Journeyman

you can generate a new credit card every time u register a new acct with several programs. Spam filter lol

16. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

[​IMG]They could hire a guy who's sole job is to make their life hard...

that would be funny. They can spot his macros and make a script that mutes all the people that use the same macro. Until the guy gets tired and realise he's been beaten by a guy paid minimum wage.

Society is so stupid and ridiculous, it dosen't even surprise me that this is a subject of discussion.

I have been a seer for UO and I know since 1999 how to prevent all hacking in the game AND fix lag. Noone even looked at my scripts then, noone will look at them now.

And thats true even if I am the inventor of the famous feedback loop script in UOE, which made so many people complete FREAK OUT.

Thats it... it's not go figure, it's GO FREAK OUT !

17. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Really, I would pay you to go away.

18. Ahuaeyjnkxs

They tried to do that also... no effin way.

Truth will overcome money, or I'll die for it.

19. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Two points:

1) OP - You are right to give in to this guy - after many unsucsessful pages to the GM's, I named some packys and parked them, warning about this guy. Not a half hour later, I recieved a mark on my account for harrassment. Lesson learned, I say join em.

2) Ahuaeyjnkxs - you are completly insane. Not in a good or funnny way.

20. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hand me a banzor stick to whack him with I assure you he will not be back!

21. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Oh was it ever funny ? Maybe you think you laughed...

Go kiss your gods feet all you like. I lived forever before I was born.

22. My charactures are now dressing like him. I feel good. I feel powerful.

23. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

You look good.

That's all Ima gonna say.

24. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

...ok.

Guess this game really is all about what you find fun. For some is hunting, some it's pvp, and for some, it's trying to be like a bot-player who sits at the bank spamming instead of the other stuff that people pay to play, lol.

25. I know. I never thought my fee would include being a bot spammer replicant. I am only scratching the surface of what UO truly brings to me.

Sweet.

26. Malador

Malador Guest

Nonesense. There are only so many free proxies. Once they have blocked all the proxies he is done.

27. slaveone

slaveone Guest

I hope that by giving in you don't plan to actually visit this POS's site. Unless you want your account hacked or your credit card / paypal info stolen and then reused by this POS for god knows what. All for what? A few free mils (which you will never see) or to buy some gold thats easier to just earn in game legitly. One time he was getting grilled for being a POS and brought like 5-8 versions of himself all to LUNA bank on atlantic and started spamming heavily with all of them. We paged on him and all his characters disappeared within 5 minutes. He obviously just made more accounts he even went so for as to say we wouldn't believe the number of BS accounts he has. If you actually try to call him out for what he is a scamming lowlife POS he also tends to bust out childish jokes and then use another character he's controlling to laugh at his own stupid 7th grade insults like its not blatently obvious whats going on. These are all sure signs the guy has serious RL issues that go well beyond the game of UO. I'm sure most of us probably wouldn't believe how many accounts he has cause most people can't believe someone would be such a loser as to keep UO up almost 24/7 breaking TOS spamming about a site that everyone obviously despises and would NEVER visit! And constantly recreating free accounts because his others keep getting banned. What goes around comes around though and he'll get his in the end of that much i'm sure!

28. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Or he's really hooking up tons of stupid people and making 100k a year, spending his time with...

*censored*

and *censored* with *censored*

No really, what came around went away for me.

29. GWAR_LS

GWAR_LS Guest

Ahuaey I dont know what to think about you. But I dont think ur the spamming guy.

30. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Haha, you are funny :)

31. Nah. I having everything I need from playing the game. Never even visited.

32. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Ive paged on as well. And then I add the person to my ignore list. But the char keeps changing although the appearance doesnt since i can see their spam again even though they were added to ignore. Apparently they are getting banned, and starting over with new acct.

33. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

It's part of the "back to britian" ploy lol

34. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Shh ! Who told you about that ?! :eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

35. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T Guest

Please do NOT buy from this individual! I have been scammed as well as a few others, I later found out this man is a very well known scammer but due to TOS I cannot mention his name. if anyone has had dealings with him in the past he is a very friendly man, until you notice funny charges and loans appearing on your credit/debit cards, and your uo account emptied! Please do not buy from his site, and if you already have please beware.

36. Ahuaeyjnkxs

hahaha... common... never buy stuff for UO online... it's a scam for your soul way before anything else.

37. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've always been curious, why dont they just take these auto-spamming bots and move them to a jail cell? No need to 'boot' them, just clean up the landscape so the rest of us dont have to hear about the wonderful deals you can get by spending more of our hard earned money on pixels. They can just sit in their cells, unattended shouting to the fellow bots. Yes, it would take an effort on the GM's part, but would that really be so bad? Just respond to assists, put the poor little pixel bot in jail and wait for the next one.

Just a thanksgiving day induced thought.

38. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Now THAT is the best suggestion I've ever heard on how to deal with these bots!

39. Drawde2

Drawde2 Guest

Except the bot would then be programed to alert it's owner that it's been moved, and the owner would make a new one. Assuming that the entire creation process isn't automated to begin with.